2004 Insight review.
By Gordon Shepherd on
2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
For economy, the only car I feel could beat the Insight would be an electric car recharged with solar panels. Its aerodynamics makes it almost uneffected by wind for safety as well as energy efficiency. Only drawback is that it carries onlt 2 people, but the space is very ample and comfortable for those 2 people. I know I can race any car on the road to the end of our tanks, and win. The place where it wins the nicest is at the pump at every fillup.
Favorite Features
I have no complaints with its performance from the coast to the mountains. Except in mtns, I can get 62 MPG consistently. 620 miles on a 10.6 gal tank is almost unbelievable, but it's true. The accurate MPG display times 10 tells how far you can go with the first 10 gal before using the .6 gal left.
Suggested Improvements
Cruise control should be at least available. I added it to a 2002 Insight I had and it was fantastic. I'm not having the same success with my 2004. Also a sunroof added to my 2002 with the CC assured its sale and made another satisfied Insight owner. Neither feature was available from Honda.