Used 2004 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Just Hummin along
By Freda Ruth

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Buying this car was the smartest thing I have ever done. I bought it just before the gas prices exploded. Thanks HONDA! I love to drive it! I parked in A very small parking place. the three men sitting on the bench watching me gave me a standing ovation when i got out of the car.

Favorite Features

Sound, climate control, manuverability

Suggested Improvements

adjustable steering wheel

2004 Insight review.
By Gordon Shepherd

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

For economy, the only car I feel could beat the Insight would be an electric car recharged with solar panels. Its aerodynamics makes it almost uneffected by wind for safety as well as energy efficiency. Only drawback is that it carries onlt 2 people, but the space is very ample and comfortable for those 2 people. I know I can race any car on the road to the end of our tanks, and win. The place where it wins the nicest is at the pump at every fillup.

Favorite Features

I have no complaints with its performance from the coast to the mountains. Except in mtns, I can get 62 MPG consistently. 620 miles on a 10.6 gal tank is almost unbelievable, but it's true. The accurate MPG display times 10 tells how far you can go with the first 10 gal before using the .6 gal left.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control should be at least available. I added it to a 2002 Insight I had and it was fantastic. I'm not having the same success with my 2004. Also a sunroof added to my 2002 with the CC assured its sale and made another satisfied Insight owner. Neither feature was available from Honda.

Good car
By south bay sean

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I really wouldn't want any other car at this point. I am VERY tall and cruise control would be nice so that I could stretch my right leg sometimes. Other than that it is great!

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Power problem that made lights short out.

I've got one
By Jperez1204

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is the coolest thing around. There's no other car in the world where you drive in style and get 75mpg at the same time. I've owned my Insight for 4yrs now I get close to 800 miles per tank. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to save their money and not give it away to the Billionares on the oil companys, at the same time your saving the enviroment. You will get so many looks and questions everywhere you go. Four years later an I still get questions everytime I fill up well that's every month and a half.... If you want to save you money and use it for something else buy a Honda Insight you'll the car and attention that comes with it....

Favorite Features

the all aluminum body is great it's lite and stronger than steel bodied cars. The 75 mpg and the almost 800 miles per tank is a major PLUS!!

Suggested Improvements

The seats could use a little more support, other than that this car is perfect!!

my most excellent Insight
By tom driscoll

This is by far the best car I ever drove. It handles great, goes as fast as I want, and gets over 80 mpg on the highway. It has plenty of cargo space. Just driving it and seeing the effect of my formerly heavy left foot on the mileage has transformed my driving from the usual "get there first" attitude to "get there in my own sweet time", and I enjoy driving much more now without the usual rush. If you're man enough to let go of beating everyone else you'll love it.

Favorite Features

The trip and instant mileage features, plus the bragging rights to the highest mileage on the planet.

Suggested Improvements

A seat cushion for long trips, and upgrades to the stereo.