2004 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Just Hummin along
By Freda Ruth on 06/08/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Buying this car was the smartest thing I have ever done. I bought it just before the gas prices exploded. Thanks HONDA! I love to drive it! I parked in A very small parking place. the three men sitting on the bench watching me gave me a standing ovation when i got out of the car.

2004 Insight review.
By Gordon Shepherd on 06/08/06 00:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

For economy, the only car I feel could beat the Insight would be an electric car recharged with solar panels. Its aerodynamics makes it almost uneffected by wind for safety as well as energy efficiency. Only drawback is that it carries onlt 2 people, but the space is very ample and comfortable for those 2 people. I know I can race any car on the road to the end of our tanks, and win. The place where it wins the nicest is at the pump at every fillup.

Good car
By south bay sean on 01/13/05 01:15 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I really wouldn't want any other car at this point. I am VERY tall and cruise control would be nice so that I could stretch my right leg sometimes. Other than that it is great!

I've got one
By Jperez1204 on 12/31/04 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is the coolest thing around. There's no other car in the world where you drive in style and get 75mpg at the same time. I've owned my Insight for 4yrs now I get close to 800 miles per tank. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to save their money and not give it away to the Billionares on the oil companys, at the same time your saving the enviroment. You will get so many looks and questions everywhere you go. Four years later an I still get questions everytime I fill up well that's every month and a half.... If you want to save you money and use it for something else buy a Honda Insight you'll the car and attention that comes with it....

my most excellent Insight
By tom driscoll on 12/30/04 23:06 PM (PST)

This is by far the best car I ever drove. It handles great, goes as fast as I want, and gets over 80 mpg on the highway. It has plenty of cargo space. Just driving it and seeing the effect of my formerly heavy left foot on the mileage has transformed my driving from the usual "get there first" attitude to "get there in my own sweet time", and I enjoy driving much more now without the usual rush. If you're man enough to let go of beating everyone else you'll love it.

LONG-Term Honda Insight
By Woody Smith on 12/30/04 18:07 PM (PST)

Mine is a 2000 Insight purchased in March, 2000. It now has 116,000 miles on the odometer and has been absolutely trouble free. I mean, not even as much as a single lightbulb has ever needed replacement. In brief, it is the very best car I have ever owned by a VERY wide margin, and I've owned a few, including a big Mercedes, two BMWs, two Volvos, an Alfa Romeo, and other nice cars. It's a spectacular long-distance cruiser -- I once went over 800 miles actually nonstop, and only stopped then because I had to pee -- I still had gasoline left in the 10.6 gal tank. It's quiet and comfy and is the only car I've ever owned where I don't need the seat all the way back. I absolutely LOVE it!

Hybrids KICK GAS
By CraigSquirrel on 12/30/04 14:02 PM (PST)

Much more fun than we ever imagined. Quick and fast. Cruises on highway at 70-90 with no problem other than having to occasionaly downshift. Concentrating on milage we get upper 60mpg's. Driving fast low 50's. In city, Washington DC, no option other than drive aggressively we get low 40's. Great city car because nimble and quick. When supersized, dark colored SUV's tend to get aggressive it's a simple matter to leave them in the rear view mirror with a smile. Many people think the car is all electric and most don't know it gets up to 70 mpg and can go 115 mph. Commercial media, the one source most Americans use for news, does a horrible job of informing the public.

ride the countryside
By Baron on 12/30/04 11:43 AM (PST)

This is a vehicle worthy of your disposable dollars. I have an automatic and the only disappointing item about this vehicle is that the fuel estimates should be revised with each number going down by 10 (highway/City). Even then it is a great buy. I purchased based on the epa estimates. They were close but not quite right. I would but it again and again. I am funding my 401k catch up contribution with the gas savings that I am receiving. I cant imagine why anyone would pay such ridiculous prices for gas anymore. I guess it was because we didnt have a choice. Now we do.

A Winner in my Book!
By DelightedInsightOwne on 12/30/04 10:01 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I bought the second insight my Honda dealer received in 2000 and I now have driven it 37,253 miles. Over that time and distance it has averaged 68.6 miles per gallon, and gradually rising! I live on a hill about 400' higher than the surrounding more or less level terrain in a suburban bed-room area. The best mileage I ever logged on a single leg was 93 miles per gallon on a 120 mile trip with few hills. I was on an Interstate and stayed in the right lane and drove at the truckers speed limit - 55 miles per hour. My wife's car is a new Honda Accord Hybrid because we have been so satisfied with the 2 seater. She needs more capacity for occasional trips with friends, heavier loads, etc.

Why this is my all-time favorite car
By Marilyn Voorhies on 12/30/04 07:58 AM (PST)

My Insight is by far the best car I've ever owned and if I buy another car, it is sure to be an Insight. Yes, it only holds two people, but 95% of my driving doesn't require a larger capacity. If it does, I borrow my husband's 5-passenger car. The Insight's reliability is perfect; in my 20,000 miles of driving I have yet to have anything fail; I get raves from just about everyone who sees the car. Its performance is flawless.