2004 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Good car
By south bay sean on 01/13/05 01:15 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I really wouldn't want any other car at this point. I am VERY tall and cruise control would be nice so that I could stretch my right leg sometimes. Other than that it is great!

my most excellent Insight
By tom driscoll on 12/30/04 23:06 PM (PST)

This is by far the best car I ever drove. It handles great, goes as fast as I want, and gets over 80 mpg on the highway. It has plenty of cargo space. Just driving it and seeing the effect of my formerly heavy left foot on the mileage has transformed my driving from the usual "get there first" attitude to "get there in my own sweet time", and I enjoy driving much more now without the usual rush. If you're man enough to let go of beating everyone else you'll love it.

LONG-Term Honda Insight
By Woody Smith on 12/30/04 18:07 PM (PST)

Mine is a 2000 Insight purchased in March, 2000. It now has 116,000 miles on the odometer and has been absolutely trouble free. I mean, not even as much as a single lightbulb has ever needed replacement. In brief, it is the very best car I have ever owned by a VERY wide margin, and I've owned a few, including a big Mercedes, two BMWs, two Volvos, an Alfa Romeo, and other nice cars. It's a spectacular long-distance cruiser -- I once went over 800 miles actually nonstop, and only stopped then because I had to pee -- I still had gasoline left in the 10.6 gal tank. It's quiet and comfy and is the only car I've ever owned where I don't need the seat all the way back. I absolutely LOVE it!

Hybrids KICK GAS
By CraigSquirrel on 12/30/04 14:02 PM (PST)

Much more fun than we ever imagined. Quick and fast. Cruises on highway at 70-90 with no problem other than having to occasionaly downshift. Concentrating on milage we get upper 60mpg's. Driving fast low 50's. In city, Washington DC, no option other than drive aggressively we get low 40's. Great city car because nimble and quick. When supersized, dark colored SUV's tend to get aggressive it's a simple matter to leave them in the rear view mirror with a smile. Many people think the car is all electric and most don't know it gets up to 70 mpg and can go 115 mph. Commercial media, the one source most Americans use for news, does a horrible job of informing the public.

Great car for the money
By Brian Tennis on 12/28/04 07:48 AM (PST)

My wife and I traded in a full size Nissan king cab truck and have saved thousands of dollars in fuel alone. This car is very fun to drive, as long as your not trying to blow away people at stop lights. You have to be very smart when driving this car, as it is battery assisted and you will need to rely on the battery for true fuel savings. Remember, the battery acts like an overdrive, it helps you get up to speed and helps you out with the fuel that you would normally use to get up to cruising speed. This is one of the best cars we have ever owned, if not the best. Just keep in mind, the way you drive this car will directly impact your fuel savings, and winter driving can be quite hairy.

Technology and Fun In One Great Package
By Lawson Huntley on 12/12/04 17:10 PM (PST)

This has been a fun car to drive, and full of nice surprises. To begin with, I purchased the Insight because of it's advanced hybrid technology. I knew it achieved great fuel milage, but I didn't know it was such a great handling auto, and so much fun to drive. I've been on a few long trips and the car is very comfortable all day long. Lot's of people ask about the auto whenever I fuel up (which isn't very often).

Excellent Car, No maintenance issues
By ralph fairchild on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My Insight is actually a 2001 model with about 80,000 miles. Original tires, clutch. New brakes. I have had no difficulty. It is a great car. I am 6'4" and weigh about 230. SUV's are for people with small, well, you know... Smart cars from Europe are great as well, but not available in US. If people in the US would use more efficient cars, they wouldn't "need" to sent their kids overseas to get killed. Why not think about that EVERY time you fill your tank.

Love my Insight!
By candykidz on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Since July 2003, going 22,000 I have had an average of 66mpg and have spent $519 on gas.....that pretty much says it all!

Low the Price
By jadeeh on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

very fun to drive in.1.0L 3cyl Gas

Love my car
By Happy Peanut on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my car. It is fuel efficient, comfy, looks nice, heat and AC work well. My ex bought on the same day and his is the sedan. I wouldn't drive anything else.