2003 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Great Car!
By SL on 01/19/07 12:34 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

This car is great...I wish there were more cubbyholes in the car to put change, DL, etc. The car is tiny but it performs extremely well. Drives like a normal car but half the price at the station.

SO MUCH FUN I WANT TWO
By FRED on 06/22/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

This is the most fun car to drive and for a 6'4" guy, comfortable and zippy.I want to buy another in a different color it is so much fun. I have a Mercedes convertible, a Lexus Wagon and my daughter a new Cabriolet. You can have all of them. I like driving alone and have as much space in the back of my Insight as my Lexus. I am going to dump my others and get a blue one. I may not drive that much, but I get there faster than the huge SUVs who try and kill me out of jealousy. Never seem to put gas..what high prices? It is so quiet I never know if it is running. This is the least written or reviewed hybrid because it isn't a family car. I am glad I got rid of them.

Great Car!! Ignore Consumer Reports
By J Baxter on 01/11/06 15:57 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Bought this car in 2003 so I could retire my 1987 BMW convertible to preserve it. Interior layout and "look,touch,feel" very similar to BMW, so I was at home right away. Acceleration is zippy, but not faster than the rest of the pack. Handling is really good and suspension is very taut (like performance-oriented European cars). Lifetime average fuel economy has been about 56 mpg and 60+ on the highway is the norm. Tires are the biggest problem with stock setup-the OEM Bridgestone Potenzas stink. Am now using 1+ size Kuhmo Solus so handling is vastly improved esp. under wet/snowy road conditions. Totally reliable car, and outstanding dealer support (way better than Audi/BMW dealers).

A sweet little ride!
By rubian77 on 08/03/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

If you're looking for a car that is great on gas mileage but you don't need a ton of cargo room, this is the vehicle for you! Even with only 3 cylinders, this little buggy has a good amount of get-up-and-go. Driving in the snow is trickier; you just have to take it easy and give yourself more time. Some say it's uncomfortable, but I don't think it's that bad - and I spend about 75-80 minutes driving one way. Repairs don't cost any more than other cars, despite the hybrid technology.

WOW !
By Jimbeemer on 01/16/05 16:59 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I just bought this Insight yesterday and I can sum it up so far by saying WOW! This car is spacious for 2 adults, comfortable (almost like my Civic and much better than my Miata), fun to drive, gets great mileage (55 mpg with CVT so far after 900 miles and during the winter), has award-winning engineering and design, has the typical Honda fabulous build quality and attention to detail, and has slick cutting-edge technology everwhere you look (hybrid IMA system, silky smooth CVT transmission, electric power steering, automatic HVAC system, ABS brakes, and the list goes on-and-on).

It doesn't get any better than this!
By Tim Guiles on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

In the summer I get 85 miles to the gallon while driving normally through the mountains and valleys of Vermont. This car is great in the snow - - - I live 2 miles off the paved road at the end of a small dirt road and I continue to be impressed by the capabilities of this car.

Driving a 5000 mile trip to Iowa
By onlyjazz on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

The handling up and through mountain passes was amazing. I passed many other cars going up the passes. The batteries charged well going down the other side. I had the opportunity in Montana to test for top speed on a long level road. I was amazed at the result: 105 mph. The car was overload with travel necessities, but performed and handled well.

Positive Review
By Charliebm04 on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Bought the car 12/18/2004. this is a new 2004 with a few Improvements. The Dealership. I would rate at a 3 they did the paper work and that was it. The salesman, Spencer: never even met him, he had another salesman do the work. The car However. Fantastic, 67mpg right off the showroom floor. The acceleration really suprised me. It has the git up and go when you need it. For and general runaround or work car. There is no better car on the Market, YET. C-mon Honda you can do better. C-mon People, Keep your website up to date.

Mower POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Xsight on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I received my 2000 Honda Insight as an early Christmas present and I simply love it! The Insight is a great little performer with potential to be the next type of car to tune-up. I've had my Insight up to 90MPH and it felt nice and solid at that speed! The Insight is a great-looking futuristic machine with loads of possibilities.

First impressions very positive
By spinoza on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

We've had ours for a month now and it's been a lot of fun to do drive. It drives and handles much like a little sports car (the Miata comes to mind), and we've had little problem adjusting to it being a hybrid. Features like the auto-stop and motor-assist are intuitive and easy to adjust to. It's amazing to see it already averaging over 50 miles a gallon in heavy city driving. The car has impressive acceleration and speed, and has no problems keeping up with traffic and passing. It's also very smooth and quiet.