What A Little Gem!
By Tim on
2002 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
I originally bought this car, new, partially for it's technology and partially because I have always preferred smaller cars. My test ride was more than I expected and I was especially surprised at it's sportiness and very good excelleration. Other than normal oil changes, filters, I have had zero problems and just a great experience with this little gem for the past four years. I have taken several long trips (more than 1000 miles) and was not only very comfortable but averaged over 80 MPG, and my speed was over 70 MPH-usually 80 MPH. I enjoy passing by a huge gas guzzling SUV and just smile with a grin that says who's the dumb irresponsible consumer now?
Favorite Features
The gas mileage, low emissions and imprint on the roads. I really LOVE the technology of this car. Honda designed this car from the tires up and did not miss a thing. I really love the auto-shut off feature, saves fuel, emissions, and all cars should do this.
Suggested Improvements
The two real suggestions I have is more horsepower, NOT for acceleration but, to effeciently maintain highway speeds above 70 mph and not use so much fuel doing it. The other thing is highway road noise and roughness on many roads. The comfortable seats help, but a little smoother suspension.