My Insight Driving Expirence
By Andrew J on
2002 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
I drive mainly on interstate highway. My commute to work is about 96 miles round trip, all but 10miles are super highway. The vehicle has nearly 115,000 miles with an overall average mpg of 64.3. I haven't had any problems with the car and have replaced 4 tires once, and the front brakes just once. Because of the conditions of our Mass highways, I have had to replace the windshield twice and will need to replace it a third time before the next inspection. My Insight is a 5 speed manual with air conditioning.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage and the ease of driving. The instrument panel provides very useable instantaneous and long term information about the fuel mileage. I continue to use the instantaneous numerical and bar graph to tune my driving to get the best mpg. I think all auto manufacturer should provide these gauges.
Suggested Improvements
There are serious blind spots on both the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. Because of these blind spots it is very important that the outside rear view mirrors be clear. I believe it would be extremely helpful if these mirrors are heated.