My car is a fun game.
By bena on
2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback
I love my Insight. I play it like a video game, trying to get the "high score" of mileage. I also hate stopping to get gas. It's really wonderful to be able to drive from San Francisco to San Diego on less than one tank of gas. Because I play the game, I drive differently than I used to. I try not to speed up or slow down suddenly. My lifetime mileage is at 58 miles per gallon. I've found that where I drive makes the difference: hills, short trips and bad traffic are the things that reduce the mileage. Also the tires must be inflated for good mileage. I love the controls. I thought I wouldn't like the digital speedo, but I do. I found that the car is plenty big.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage gauge, in fact all the gauges. So simple and elegant. Also, the great mileage. Nice shape, beautiful color (yellow-green.)
Suggested Improvements
Better speakers (I replaced mine), a single CD player, better sound insulation. Better fan control. Trip meter button should be moved out from behind steering wheel. Door leaked around speaker hole. Passenger floormat should be anchored. Tire pressure monitor would be cool.