2000 Honda Insight Consumer Review: Greeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!!

2000 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!!
By Jeanne on

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

This car has given me a new perspective on vehicles in general. While I've always tended to make prudent purchases to fit my lifestyle, this one's been the best so far. While the car handles like a bat-outta-hell, gets mileage worthy of boasting, and has been comfortable and reliable for me, I realize it's not for everyone, especially those with children. I own a retina-fryingly green Insight, and find that it does have what designers refer to as 'neck-break appeal'. Mileage exceeds that of most hybrids, 54-79 mpg, depending on conditions & driving. Every friend I have shops, hunts & dreams about that better car to own in his/her future. I feel no need to do so. I'm thrilled with this car!

Aesthetically gorgeous & extremely aerodynamic, environmentally conscientious, easy to maintain, comfortable w/ good climate controls, good cargo room, reliable beyond belief, decent acceleration w/ manual shift, handling is fantastic, will never rust due to reinf. aluminum body, tall driver friendly.

Stereo system. Stock stereo is a cassette player & speakers are just okay. Great for theft prevention, though! Hard to find smaller sized lightweight battery originally put in car. There's room for a larger one, but why? Also, get a REAL spare, as tires are difficult to get in some parts of the U.S.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review