Pleasurable Motoring
By Levster on
2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback
Purchased the Insight in 2004 with slight damage and 32,000 miles from a private seller. After repairs, enjoy driving and average 60 MPG with no operational or repair problems. I love driving this car and passing the gas pumps. Originally used hi-test, then found that it ran just fine on regular. Drove to Florida & back from NH with no problems and averaged 61 MPH. Have replaced brake pads & tires. Friends wonder why I love this car after driving BMW's for 15 years...let them wonder !!!!!
Favorite Features
A wonderful design and excellent electronic displays!! It's fun trying to maximize MPG's on trips and answering peoples questions on styling and design. Manual transmission is smooth and shifting is effortless. Coasting to a stop is effortless. I am baffled that this car is no longer made.
Suggested Improvements
Comfortable holds two adults with plenty of room. If we need a four seater, we take the other car. The radio and speakers are only average, but I use a CD player through the radio, which provides good sound and flexibility. Only one manufacturer (Bridgestone) makes tires that will fit.