2000 Honda Insight Consumer Review: Insight on my Insight

2000 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Review

Insight on my Insight
By DowneastDan on

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

My Insight was the 1st one in New England and was a demo for the first yr. I bought it off the first real owner. The 165 tires were dangerous and crappy on a dry summer's day, so I went to 175 and have sum/win changes on wheels. I have added HHO generator which keeps the mpg at 60, but adds about 5-10 more horsepower, which saves my hybrid battery usage and keeps her charged for hills, etc. She handles very well and is a pleasure to drive. I do not drive her in the snow because at 1700 lbs I shutter to think of a sliding car hitting me. The 2 seats make it impossible to legally carry a child and not pract. for my golden. Honda put in a new hybrid batt. for $0 at 88K and will to 160K.

The joy of knowing the carbon footprint is so small continues to bring joy in this age of despair. I am a quietly proud ambassador of the Insight to the public who still are surprised to hear of the 60 mpg feature.

Fasteners of the spats are inadequate, causing me to lose one of the spats on the highway at the cost of $240 wholesale, plus it could have caused a major accident!