2000 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.0L 3-cyl. Hybrid 5-speed Manual - (0 review )
This Is It !!!
By ggovert on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

When I test drove the Insight it handled great with a lot of pep, and thought this was pretty sharp. I wasn't looking to by a car for myself. Then my dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I drove it home, and got over 90mpg. Since then I average between 55 & 90mpg, depending on how much in a hurry I'm in. Definatly the best car I've ever owned.

Surprised
By Moreno on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

Great auto. Good styling. Lots of interest from others. Excellent gasoline mileage. Seats a bit hard. Airconditioning excellent. Quiet. Solid ride. May be uncomfortable for larger people. I'm 5'3".

insight rocks!
By JL1595 on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

Fun to drive - especially past the gas station! Surprisingly responsive. A technology marvel. It fits two full size adults and two golf bags -- no problems.

I like my Hybrid!
By Andrew Thomson on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

Had the car only 3 months. Bought used with 32,000 miles. Love it... Runs great... No problems

can't beat the gas mileage!
By hempist on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for 1 1/2 years and I'm very happy with it. The gas mileage is the best! I get about 58 mph driving around town. The steering wheel is small & sporty, the car handles great around corners. The most common questions I'm asked are, "Do you have to charge it?" (NO) and "Does it go fast?" (YES). This car is a real conversation piece. People ask me about it everywhere I go.

This is the future
By Armin on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

This is the automotive future today! There is no reason why any commuter needs to lug around 5000 pounds of big iron that burns gas at frightening rates. The Insight is the answer: lower fuel consumption, find easier parking, fund to drive, tax deduction, exciting technology and you can feel good about driving it, too!

A diamond in the rough...
By Gazoo on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

Of the ten or so vehicles I have owned, this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Performance is great (keep in mind that it weighs =1800 lbs), it's a blast to drive, phenomenal mileage (I averaged 87 mpg on a 250 mile trip once), etc. I've spent roughly $1100 in gas over 50k miles the 2 years I've had the Insight. I never realized how much attention this car would receive from all walks and places of life. I cannot say enough positive things about this car. I'll keep it until I die.

Great Car
By And y Dettling on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

This car is a huge step towards non reliance on fossil fuels. SUV's suck! Think about the effects that your personal choices have on the Earth.

Insight on Maui
By RicCorless on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

Since moving to Maui, the Insight has been the perfect vehicle. Regular gasoline at $2/gallon - and driving about 700 miles a month for pleasure, the car is delivering 72-mpg! We don't use the A/C - it doesn't get hot in Maui - which helps the mileage a lot. We've renovated our home, and all materials except major appliances were transported with this vehicle! I left a superb Mercedes behind, and miss only the sound system.

Watch the Batteries and Value
By Another New Car? on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

Recently I noticed that the power cells were discharging more frequently and with less of a stress on them. After contacting my dealer and finding out that new batteries were unavail. and when they were they would be re-manuf & cost $3-5000, I traded the car. The value after 3 years on a trade is only $8-9000. So, If you can sell it privately, do so. Otherwise pay it off and keep it until the batteries need replacing and then hope that they are available. As of Nov. 2002 they were not. A new vehicle priced at 21k only worth 9k three model years later, (with normal mileage) says alot about the manufacturer's and dealer's opinion of the vehicle.