2000 Honda Insight Consumer Review: $11.00 per month on Gas

2000 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

$11.00 per month on Gas
By sharon wilson on

2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback

I think I was one of the first to buy this car, I spent $11 per month on gas, one fill up. The only problem was people was always coming up to me asking about it. My top MPG was a 230 mile trip in which I got 93 miles per gallon. You won't get a speeding ticket with this car but you will save alot of money on gas, I would buy another one in a heartbeat. It is a great little car. I absolutely love it.

My favorite feature was how the car engine cut off when you stopped, and then started itself back up when you put it in first gear. I also love the feature where it shows when the battery is charging, and that you can ride in the lane on the highway with out having two passengers in the car.

I would like all the features in this car that you would find in a cadillac. Sun roof top, heated and programable seats, CD & cassette player, and I have notice the newer models do not get as much gas mileage as the first ones. Why not?