2015 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Great Car

2015 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great Car
By 2015hondafit on

2015 Honda Fit LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2015 Honda Fit LX with the 6 speed. I wanted something fuel efficient and wanted a manual. I was saving up for a CRZ, but when this new Fit got a direct injection 1.5 engine, I had to go test drive one. The dealer had an LX manual in modern steel, and leased it. I really enjoy this little car. It drives fine around town, but on the highway you need to bring the rpm up a bit to get adequate performance. I would tell you what mileage I'm getting, but I forgot to calculate my mileage at the pump, (was in a hurry) and forgot how many gallons it used. Oops. If you are considering one, I would absolutely recommend one. It does it's job excellently.

The direct injection 1.5L engine. Fuel efficient and peppy. I like the transmission, it's excellent for it's class. The clutch and shifter didn't take much getting used too. It's not easy to stall, because first gear is so short. I like the versatility also, Honda's magic seat gives you an array of options for cargo loading. I am a Christian BTW, the only way to Heaven is Jesus. If you have not yet, Ask for forgiveness, and be washed by the blood He shed for you on the cross. Jesus Loves you and so do I!!! Hell was meant only for the Devil, don't end up in there because you waited! Tell your family, friends and coworkers too! They also need Jesus!

The gear ratios in the transmission. Okay, gears 1-4 I like, but 5 and 6 need revision. Gears 5 and 6 are super close together, I always skip 5th gear, and no problems. But then my rpm is just below 3000 at 60 mph. That is ridiculously high for a 6 speed manual. I would like for gears 5 and 6 to be taller for better fuel economy. Now granted, I don't need to downshift that often, just push the pedal down some more, and it goes. (and PLEASE, for the love of God, if you need to downshift from 6th gear in this car, skip 5th, go straight to 4th) Other than the 5th and 6th gears, I can't complain about the car, lot's of space for your dollar, good resale value, and fuel efficient!