25 of 116,841 people found this review helpful
Wagon space with good mileage
By goldgato on
2013 Honda Fit Sport w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
This is a good car for anyone wanting a wagon-type car with better-than-wagon mpg. This is my commute car, so it does a good job of handling both freeway and city streets quite well. I also did test drives on the Kia Rio5, the Kia Soul, the Ford Fiesta, the Hyundai Accent, and the Nissan Cube, but the Honda Fit was a better overall experience.
1. Driver armrest. This seems to be a rarity in most cars.
2. Better-than-expected mpg. I'm getting 36-37 mpg on a commute that is fraught with bumper-to-bumper surges. I can't wait to see what the mpg is on one straight freeway ride, with no stopping.
3. The headrests on the backseat go all the way down, so they don't interfere with the driver's view.
4. The side pilot windows and the huge windshield allow good viewing.
5. The backseats are easily lifted into position so that a tall plant or other items can be carried without having to lower the back seats.
1. The driver's headrest is awful. This was the same on all of the new cars, so it appears to be an industry safety enhancement. Alas, it hurts the neck on long rides.
2. The sun visor is useless. You need to get an extension, otherwise the sun is right in your face.
3. There is no driver's seat adjustment for moving the seat upward, so you need a pillow if you'rre short.