My last Honda product
By retiredjoe on
2013 Honda Fit Sport w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
There is a difference between a cheap car and an inexpensive car. This Honda is just plain cheap! And what is worse, the Honda service groups at the dealer have a take no prisoner approach to dealing with the customers. You sell these cheap cars and then treat the customers like they are wealthy people and money is of no concern. The dealer tried to do things like $100.00 to change a cabin air filter (I found one on the internet for $9.80 and it was easy to change)... and I can give a dozen other examples. The air conditioner has a design flaw with the condenser being easily damaged, and the list goes on and on.
Favorite Features
The one redeeming feature if you can it that, is that most everything fits in a FIT. You do have to be careful to not overload the back tires when going to Home Depot but most everything fits from a large tv to a barbecue grill.
Suggested Improvements
The interior is really cheap. What would it cost to spend a few hundred more to upgrade the interior surfaces. The driver door is already sunk in from my elbow. I sprang for the extra cost of the official Honda floor mats and I couldn't get the dealer to put in the hooks to keep the mats from moving around. They said I had to set up an appointment and it would be a billed for item after I just spent around $100.00 on the mats. This car can be terrifying if you are driving on a busy interstate as it is underpowered and especially if you have passengers. You put your foot down and nothing happens!