2013 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Great Little Car

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great Little Car
By co3945 on

2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Fit Sport 5MT for over 3 months and I am very pleased with the car. I purchased it to take over daily driver duties from my BMW 330Ci. I wanted a car that is fun to drive, inexpensive to operate, and high on practicality, and so far the Fit delivers on all counts. The cargo area is very capacious, and the Fit was able to carry 4 new boxed 16" aftermarket wheels behind the back seats. I am also able to fit my road bike in the back using a fork-mount rack. I only need to fold one seat and I do not need to drop the seat on my bike to load it back there (I am 5'10" and ride a 56cm frame). Seating in the back is fine with ample head and leg room considering the size of the car.

The car is a lot of fun to drive. It handles nicely, and there is more than enough power for this sort of car providing the driver isn't bashful about keeping the RPMs up. I have added aftermarket springs (H&R) and wheels & tires (Enkei J10 16x7 with Conti DW 205/55R16) and these have improved the handling of the car. I autocrossed the car with the BMW club after making the suspension changes and the car did pretty well. I also added a USA Spec bluetooth adapter to have hands free phone in the car and this is a very worthwhile modification. I like the factory radio and I normally use it with an iPod. The speakers are weak, but hey, this is a $17000 car after all.

Fuel mileage is decent, and the car does much better with freeway driving than city driving. Revs are high at freeway speeds, but then I have a BMW for long highway journeys :-) Visibility out of the car is outstanding. This is the 3rd Honda I have owned in my lifetime, and like the previous 2 Hondas I am happy I bought this one. This is a great little car.