Used 2013 Honda Fit Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Not impressed
By Megan M

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car because of the advertised gas mileage and we wanted a reliable family vehicle. We chose Honda because they are a reliable company and Honda resale value holds up really well. Overall the car is a great point A to point B car. We bought our car brand new with 15 miles on it. It drives smooth and has a surprising get up and go. It's also idles incredibly quiet. When I first got the car the only way I knew it was on, was by looking at the ignition! The most I've ever spent on a full tank of gas has been $25. It's usually only about $10 for 3/4 tank. My husband is a mechanic and does the oil changes at his shop so I'm not sure exactly how expensive maintenance fees are. We have not had to make any mechanical repairs at all. The car has 30k miles on it and it still runs really well.

However there are some major flaws in the design. Just 1 year after our purchase we realized there were chips all over the hood and front side of the paint. So we repainted it. But again there are more chinks. It doesn't matter how closely I follow someone, the paint is just poor quality. Also, you can't hit even the smallest pothole or you will have to replace a rim. My rims are dented all the way around. The stock tires were so poor that they only lasted 6 months before being replaced. And even our replacement tires are horrible on any form of precipitation including rain. I also have a young son so I have a car seat in the backseat. I have to move the front passenger seat all the way up to allow him in and out of the car. So it makes having extra passengers almost impossible because whoever sits up front has to have an up close and personal relationship with the dash board. Also, the backseat has headrests that fold all the way down over the seat. It's incredibly uncomfortable for anyone sitting in the back seat without pulling it all the way up. And if they leave the headrest up it causes a major blind spot for the driver out of the back window. In the winter don't even try to use just the heat setting. Your windows will fog in 2 minutes. You have to use the defrost setting only for cold weather. Which is fine except when you're behind a stinky truck or you want to recycle your air instead of inhaling fumes. The cup holders up front are impossible if you have a cup bigger than a 12 oz. You have to pull your cup carefully out at an angle to avoid crushing or spilling your drink. The option of using your ipod through the second glove box is wonderful but if you have more than 100 artists on your ipod you're going to spend 10 min scrolling through artists until you find the one you want. It doesn't allow for playing by genre and it doesn't read all of your playlists. Even the max volume is comparatively low. We also had to replace our wiper blades within the first year because they were so poor.

Overall this is a good car. But I don't recommend it as a family car. This is perfect for someone to drive to and from work only. It's great for long distance drives. Maintenance oil changes don't happen as frequently as they do with other cars. Gas cost is incredibly low. But if you're looking for comfort look elsewhere.

I wanted to like this car
By Nicole

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did extensive research on the Honda Fit and test drove the 2016, 2015 and 2013 models before purchasing a 2013 Honda Fit Sport. At 5'11.5, I knew a small car didn't appear to fit my frame, but as a long time driver of other subcompact cars I wasn't worried. After 3 weeks of driving, I developed moderate back pain. It doesn't help that the car handles poorly and gets blown around by the wind. I seriously regret buying this car and am planning to loss several thousand dollars to sale my car and get another car. The gas mileage is good, but my health and comfort is not worth.

'13 Fit base 5MT
By rzepczynski

'13 Fit base 5MT.
So far, 10 months, 10,000 miles, no problems.
Despite display indicating 50% oil life left at 5K miles, oil was changed @ 5K mi.
Oil changed at 10K mi. (again display indicating 50% oil life remaining) with full synthetic.
Engine seems to run better on full synthetic.
Concerned that after 10K mi. there has been no dash display for maintenance (wrench symbol).
As there are no mileage recommendations for maintenance in the owner's manual, you are wholly dependent on the car computer for maintenance scheduling.
Wondering if computer is working properly.
Can't believe no service is required after 10K miles.
Very satisfied and happy with the car.

Dash simplicity. Intuitive ergonomics. Plethora of storage spaces. Unquestionably the rear seat configurations, which allow for various storage options. Shifter. Outstanding visibility. Ease of ingress/egress. Exterior design. Excellent exterior lighting

6th speed would lower revs below 3K rpm @ 100 kph (62 mph). With 5 speeds it's a bit busy/buzzy (not noisy) at highway speeds. Without a more powerful engine, a 6 speed would require a 2 gear downshift for freeway passing. A more powerful engine. Cabin noise is primarily transmitted through the tires. A different choice of tires with more compliant sidewalls would lessen cabin noise. Clutch pedal engagement point touchy. Tire pressure monitor that indicates WHICH tire is low.

Fantastic so far!
By flyersfan12

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in August. I am 6'4" and about 260 lbs, and I have more than enough room in the
car itself. There is even room behind me for a normal-sized, full-grown adult.
There is so much space inside the car, I don't have any trouble putting everything I need for weeks.
It has great acceleration, mainly because it is so small, and it is fantastic to drive.
In the snow, it has been handling fantastically.

Manual gear box. The overall look of it. The sensation of driving the car. Clean look of the interior. It's not over-complicated in anyway and because there aren't too many features, there is no congestion in the car. Does not have a backup camera, thankfully.

It needs blutooth. It can be quite loud on the inside, which, without blutooth, makes it difficult to hear people on the phone, and for them to hear you. Map lights in the base model.