2013 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Great Car
By sansken on 09/12/14 19:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car. There are a few quirks with it, and the technology leaves something to be desired, but for the price you can't beat it. There's a USB input jack as well as an auxiliary jack. There is so much room in this car! When the back seats are folded down I could sleep in the back of this car. There are some strange blind spots which definitely take some getting used to. There are small windows on the side of the dash to help with this, but don't do as much as you would expect.

First new car!
By mcm0455 on 03/29/14 10:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving for 25 years and have always bought well used cars in hopes to save money. After dealing with constant issues with my 175k mile Subaru, I decided I wanted a new car. I bought a 13 Fit Sport auto this past weekend after reading reviews and actually taking one out for a test drive. It is a simple car that meets my needs for running around town and the occasional trip on the freeway. It has plenty of power for me, and the 30+mpg I am getting is a nice change from 20mpg in my old Subaru.

'13 Fit base 5MT
By rzepczynski on 03/23/14 20:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

'13 Fit base 5MT. So far, 10 months, 10,000 miles, no problems. Despite display indicating 50% oil life left at 5K miles, oil was changed @ 5K mi. Oil changed at 10K mi. (again display indicating 50% oil life remaining) with full synthetic. Engine seems to run better on full synthetic. Concerned that after 10K mi. there has been no dash display for maintenance (wrench symbol). As there are no mileage recommendations for maintenance in the owner's manual, you are wholly dependent on the car computer for maintenance scheduling. Wondering if computer is working properly. Can't believe no service is required after 10K miles. Very satisfied and happy with the car.

Fantastic so far!
By flyersfan12 on 02/03/14 21:19 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in August. I am 6'4" and about 260 lbs, and I have more than enough room in the car itself. There is even room behind me for a normal-sized, full-grown adult. There is so much space inside the car, I don't have any trouble putting everything I need for weeks. It has great acceleration, mainly because it is so small, and it is fantastic to drive. In the snow, it has been handling fantastically.

Bang for the buck
By bmckeeman on 01/06/14 08:46 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When looking for a roomy, efficient, and compact vehicle a year ago, I ended up buying a Patriot over the Fit due to power/space/SUV benefits. Well, I ended up trading the Jeep in to gain MPG benefits and to save a few bucks on payments. I couldn't be happier! I have wanted a manual again since my first vehicle some years ago. Very glad I switched back to a 5spd. MPG is much better, and on par with my old Corolla. I was concerned about highway performance due to the lack of a 6th gear, and it being such a small car, but highway tracking and noise levels are great for the class. Build quality is great, the interior is functional, and exterior styling is nice with the Sport trim. Great value!

Honda replaced fiat
By fixitagaintony on 08/16/13 07:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

13000 klm so far, so good. Gas mileage is the same as the fiat 500 I traded and uses regular gas and has lots more room. Smooth ride and good handling.

Honda Fit Sport the only car for me
By isyngaming on 05/21/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is amazing and I love it.

My last Honda product
By retiredjoe on 05/21/13 07:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

There is a difference between a cheap car and an inexpensive car. This Honda is just plain cheap! And what is worse, the Honda service groups at the dealer have a take no prisoner approach to dealing with the customers. You sell these cheap cars and then treat the customers like they are wealthy people and money is of no concern. The dealer tried to do things like $100.00 to change a cabin air filter (I found one on the internet for $9.80 and it was easy to change)... and I can give a dozen other examples. The air conditioner has a design flaw with the condenser being easily damaged, and the list goes on and on.

Great Little Car
By co3945 on 05/12/13 17:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Fit Sport 5MT for over 3 months and I am very pleased with the car. I purchased it to take over daily driver duties from my BMW 330Ci. I wanted a car that is fun to drive, inexpensive to operate, and high on practicality, and so far the Fit delivers on all counts. The cargo area is very capacious, and the Fit was able to carry 4 new boxed 16" aftermarket wheels behind the back seats. I am also able to fit my road bike in the back using a fork-mount rack. I only need to fold one seat and I do not need to drop the seat on my bike to load it back there (I am 5'10" and ride a 56cm frame). Seating in the back is fine with ample head and leg room considering the size of the car.

Best small car you can buy.
By dqdave on 04/13/13 18:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

1) High quality. 2) Comfortable ride. 3) Fun to drive. 4) Practical. 5) Good gas mileage. 6) Excelent road feel.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$118 per month*