Used 2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

My Labrador Retriever owns this car!
By Mr. Doggy

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car (basically a stripped model w/o any accessories, 5-speed) for economy, fuel mileage and convenience to haul my dog around. I did purchase aftermarket quality seat covers and then a whole bunch of factory Honda accessories via the internet and installed them myself. The list includes about everything available, even factory door molding and the hard-to-find bug deflector. Still need to install the center console that Honda says don't fit. Well, it does but Honda supposedly says it puts your arm at less than optimum position, so it doesn't. I have installed one for a friend, now need to buy one myself. The hardest option is the Honda fog lights, got to remove the clip and cut the holes, but very nice. Also quickly took off the crummy factory tires and put on some slightly larger 195/70/15's (if I remember correctly the size) on the factory steel wheels. I was very careful making the tire switch and eliminated many due to the weight. Next time, I'll go with the factory 15 size in Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3. My mileage may have took a slight hit, but the handling and road feel makes the change worth it. Anyway, the dog loves it. He prefers the rear seats for cornering support. If you want to see a huge open area fit for a camp-out, try taking out the rear seats. Just a few bolts and a few minutes is all it takes. Wow, if I had a horse, think he could ride in there with the seats out. I have a M/T car and drive it pretty hard. The performance is acceptable and really pretty good when the car is not loaded down. Start adding people and cargo and the performance quickly drops, but never to unsafe levels of speed. I really think the factory tires handled poorly. The new ones make a big difference. The steering seemed scary quick when I bought the car - no play, short wheel base car at 80 mph reacted too quickly for my liking. A bit of getting used to it and the tire change has turned my car into a freeway eater that simply drives like a sports car. Love it. After owning it for about 2 years now (purchased it new) I still really like it but if I could afford it, I might trade it for a new Honda Odyssey. If I factor in the cost difference, the Fit stays. I do my own maintenance and the oil changes are easy if your arm can reach things. Jacking points, especially the forward / center location does require a special low profile floor jack in order to clear the undercarriage. The engine layout and clean routing of things is the best I have ever seen in any car of any age. Nothing negative to say about the car except I would definitely prefer and pay more for read disk brakes instead of the drums.

Not a highway car
By DEEZ

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I first bought this car I tool it back to the dealer because I thought the steering had a flaw. It was just the wind. It's very light and really gets pushed around on the road. We took it from Ohio to Virginia this summer and what a terrible trip. It's just not built to drive over 55. No acceleration at all. Also the headlights are very dim. The storage is great and MPG is better than advertised. I haven't had any mechanical issues. We bought it for my wife to learn to drive, but the visibility with those little van windows and the tall seat placement is terrible.

Great little car, but expense ridiculous repairs
By Hilaire Humphrey

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We have two Honda Fits. The design is really great, as is the initial price. But...and it is a big BUT...recently one of the cars a/c completely stopped working. In this particular car, Honda chose to place the a/c unit within the dashboard. The a/c needs to be fixed. The car is no longer under warranty, but is only 2 years old and has been cared for well. The cost of fixing the a/c - $750! Why? Because the have to completely take apart the dashboard requiring several hours of labor. I am not the first. This is a serious design flaw. Unlike many cars, if you get a hot sunny day, you HAVE to run the a/c or the car will be unbearable so much so that it is hard to breathe because the very large dashboard gets so very incredibly hot. The other issue I am having in my other Fit is my dashboard is no longer level. What did the service staff tell me? It would take hours to fix and would be fairly expensive. If it is not creating a problem with the car the warranty is irrelevant for this issue as it is just cosmetic. There are other great small cars. Until Honda changes the a/c design, I advise people to buy a different small car. I will not buy a Fit again.

It really is the best car in the world.
By projectm96

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car can do it all and last forever. My Sport model comes with the rear spoiler, fog lights, sporty front slip, exhaust tip, and side skirts, cruise control, paddle shifters, and 16" alloy wheels. It is a great package for a great price. The car really does "Fit" everything. I have used it for plenty of long road trips. It is made for road trips with its magic seats, several storage compartments, built in USB cable, two AC power outlets, and NINE cup holders.

Number of Cup holders, looks, handling, fuel economy, practicality, low cost maintenance/parts, reliability, resale value, features. If the front wipers are on and you put the car in reverse, the rear wipers automatically turn on.

Paint quality. I wash the car often hands free and machine free wash. It somehow has scratches and tiny dents all over the car. I think if a bee or other insect lands on the door, it will dent the door or scratch it with its tiny legs. The paint is too thin. Add more coats of paint.

Great Car
By sansken

2013 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car. There are a few quirks with it, and the technology leaves something to be desired, but for the price you can't beat it. There's a USB input jack as well as an auxiliary jack. There is so much room in this car! When the back seats are folded down I could sleep in the back of this car. There are some strange blind spots which definitely take some getting used to. There are small windows on the side of the dash to help with this, but don't do as much as you would expect.

USB input jack, manual transmission paddles, steering wheel radio controls, so many cup holders, sport mode

The iOS support is flakey. When it works it's great, but many times you have to plug in your iOS device a few times before it works. The engine could also be slightly more powerful. This car takes a little longer to accelerate than I would expect for a new car.

• SUV