Used 2013 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Great little car, but expense ridiculous repairs
By Hilaire Humphrey

2013 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We have two Honda Fits. The design is really great, as is the initial price. But...and it is a big BUT...recently one of the cars a/c completely stopped working. In this particular car, Honda chose to place the a/c unit within the dashboard. The a/c needs to be fixed. The car is no longer under warranty, but is only 2 years old and has been cared for well. The cost of fixing the a/c - $750! Why? Because the have to completely take apart the dashboard requiring several hours of labor. I am not the first. This is a serious design flaw. Unlike many cars, if you get a hot sunny day, you HAVE to run the a/c or the car will be unbearable so much so that it is hard to breathe because the very large dashboard gets so very incredibly hot. The other issue I am having in my other Fit is my dashboard is no longer level. What did the service staff tell me? It would take hours to fix and would be fairly expensive. If it is not creating a problem with the car the warranty is irrelevant for this issue as it is just cosmetic. There are other great small cars. Until Honda changes the a/c design, I advise people to buy a different small car. I will not buy a Fit again.

It really is the best car in the world.
By projectm96

2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car can do it all and last forever. My Sport model comes with the rear spoiler, fog lights, sporty front slip, exhaust tip, and side skirts, cruise control, paddle shifters, and 16" alloy wheels. It is a great package for a great price. The car really does "Fit" everything. I have used it for plenty of long road trips. It is made for road trips with its magic seats, several storage compartments, built in USB cable, two AC power outlets, and NINE cup holders.

Number of Cup holders, looks, handling, fuel economy, practicality, low cost maintenance/parts, reliability, resale value, features. If the front wipers are on and you put the car in reverse, the rear wipers automatically turn on.

Paint quality. I wash the car often hands free and machine free wash. It somehow has scratches and tiny dents all over the car. I think if a bee or other insect lands on the door, it will dent the door or scratch it with its tiny legs. The paint is too thin. Add more coats of paint.

Great Car
By sansken

2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car. There are a few quirks with it, and the technology leaves something to be desired, but for the price you can't beat it. There's a USB input jack as well as an auxiliary jack. There is so much room in this car! When the back seats are folded down I could sleep in the back of this car. There are some strange blind spots which definitely take some getting used to. There are small windows on the side of the dash to help with this, but don't do as much as you would expect.

USB input jack, manual transmission paddles, steering wheel radio controls, so many cup holders, sport mode

The iOS support is flakey. When it works it's great, but many times you have to plug in your iOS device a few times before it works. The engine could also be slightly more powerful. This car takes a little longer to accelerate than I would expect for a new car.

First new car!
By mcm0455

2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving for 25 years and have always bought well used cars in hopes to save money. After dealing with constant issues with my 175k mile Subaru, I decided I wanted a new car. I bought a 13 Fit Sport auto this past weekend after reading reviews and actually taking one out for a test drive. It is a simple car that meets my needs for running around town and the occasional trip on the freeway. It has plenty of power for me, and the 30+mpg I am getting is a nice change from 20mpg in my old Subaru.

I love the size, it leaves plenty of room in our garage for both our cars. I am 6ft2 and I am very comfortable. The seats are firm which I really like since I have a bad back. The handling is superb, which makes it pretty fun to drive. For a basic car, Honda got this one right. I do not feel like I settled for this car, I actually wanted to buy this car. Also, plenty of cargo room, I can even get my skis with the seats folded down though I plan on adding a ski rack for next winter. The paddle shifters are nice touch even the the auto is very good. I also very much appreciate the visibility in this car, lots of glass to see out of.

I don't have any issues with this car. I actually appreciate its simplicity. I see a lot of reviews complaining about the power, but it does more than adequate for my needs. It's a cheap car but with Honda reliability, I will only be doing routine maintenance for the next 5 years.

'13 Fit base 5MT
By rzepczynski

2013 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

'13 Fit base 5MT. So far, 10 months, 10,000 miles, no problems. Despite display indicating 50% oil life left at 5K miles, oil was changed @ 5K mi. Oil changed at 10K mi. (again display indicating 50% oil life remaining) with full synthetic. Engine seems to run better on full synthetic. Concerned that after 10K mi. there has been no dash display for maintenance (wrench symbol). As there are no mileage recommendations for maintenance in the owner's manual, you are wholly dependent on the car computer for maintenance scheduling. Wondering if computer is working properly. Can't believe no service is required after 10K miles. Very satisfied and happy with the car.

Dash simplicity. Intuitive ergonomics. Plethora of storage spaces. Unquestionably the rear seat configurations, which allow for various storage options. Shifter. Outstanding visibility. Ease of ingress/egress. Exterior design. Excellent exterior lighting

6th speed would lower revs below 3K rpm @ 100 kph (62 mph). With 5 speeds it's a bit busy/buzzy (not noisy) at highway speeds. Without a more powerful engine, a 6 speed would require a 2 gear downshift for freeway passing. A more powerful engine. Cabin noise is primarily transmitted through the tires. A different choice of tires with more compliant sidewalls would lessen cabin noise. Clutch pedal engagement point touchy. Tire pressure monitor that indicates WHICH tire is low.