Wow, the engine
By lateshift32 on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I went from a 2010 Scion XD with a 1.8 to this 1.5. I hate the engine. I seems that it is in 2.5 to 3 rpms most of the time. The engine is very loud. I didn't realize that I would miss an engine or that it would even be a big deal. The combined mpg of my Scion ended up being 36.5 on a regular basis. I get 30.1 in the Fit and terribly upset. Furthermore, I just went to go try to trade it in, only having it for two months and they said I am already upside down and never have any hope of overturning my situation but they could offer me a 30,000 car. PS don't buy a bunch of warranties, it makes it hard to get your next loan! Lessen learned, horrible!
Favorite Features
space, versitility
Suggested Improvements
Get a bigger engine in it. That's my main complaint, that any the mpg aren't that great for the price.
By zoolander1
on 06/21/14 07:31 AM (PDT)

I had the same perception of this car. Keep in mind that the Civic is rated at a higher MPG. These small engines have a hard time returning good MPG because you have to "floor it" a lot more to get with flow of traffic. I did not like the Fit for that reason. Also, very loud car! tons of road noise. Weight reduction strategy maybe?