Small car that lives large
By cantgetaname on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
The Honda Fit is truly a great city car being small on the outside but large on the inside. Unless you're a moving company the Fit should be able to handle your day to day hauling needs. I've had the Fit for a month averaging about 31mpg. If your commute is on the freeway you can easily do better. Where the Fit lacks in acceleration it makes up for with handling. You can have a lot of fun with this car in the curves. I also considered the Mazda 3 and Chevy Sonic. Both offered more features than the Fit. I thought the Mazda had more road noise and the Sonics I looked at already had rattles. If it weren't for those rattles I'd be in a Sonic.
Favorite Features
The versatility of this car's interior reigns supreme. The back seat is really impressive. There is plenty of room for two normal sized humans. Fold the seats flat and it's like having a mini, minivan. Flip the bottoms up and place tall things on the floor. The cup holders that are on either side of the dashboard are great. Being deep they keep things stable so I don't worry about what's placed in them. The gauges are easy to read. I like the instant MPG readout always being visible regardless of mode. The stereo is mounted high which makes it easy to access. The buttons are huge so you'll never miss. The screen is large and wide so the data is easily read. Sound is good but not stellar.
Suggested Improvements
This may sound petty but my largest gripe about this car is its lack of Bluetooth unless you go Navi. With so much legislation this is a must have. The stock head unit already has the capability, Canada gets it and the owners manual tells how to use it. I call foul Honda. Stop trying to upsell me. Add height adjustment for the driver's seat. Wipers don't offer variable delay.
By cantgetaname
on 05/17/12 20:42 PM (PDT)

I wanted to follow up regarding the MPG. I reported that I was averaging 31 but that was as indicated by the computer. When I filled up I had gone 317 miles on 9.05 gallons. Doing the math I got 35mpg.

By siarizona
on 01/13/13 21:21 PM (PST)

I have an '09 Fit Sport Manual. Love it overall, but the downside is the short wheelbase--it's not so fun on cement. Bucks like a wild bronco. Otherwise, I love it. Put in a short shift kit and I kick butt in STL commuting traffic.