No Lagin Wagon
By arbolero on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
Very impressed. I wouldn't race anybody for pinks with this car, but it's still very lively when I need it to accelerate and responsive when I need it to handle. I drive treacherous, windy, mountain roads. Honda has made a proven winner and, remarkably, it remains unseated by any of the market's other small cars which are trying so hard, but not quite measuring up. I average 36 to 39 mpg on a tank. The seats are supportive and comfortable enough for 5 hours continuous driving. The drivers seat is spacious enough for a 6'1" driver. A 6'8" friend of mine was not able to sit comfortably in the driver's seat.
Favorite Features
Exterior design. Looks like the helmet of one of the Halo characters from the back. Fuel economy. I don't understand how I still manage to pull off 36ish with all the time I have my foot in it. Funtionality. Yep, nothing I can say here that has not been said already. Handling. She's so light and nimble. The gearbox is super smooth and assuring. Never missed any shifts yet. Seats. Plenty of padding for my boney butt. And snug and supportive for the aggressive driving mode. Also, the material is breathable, adding to the driver's comfort. Price. All this for under twenty. I feel like such a smart shopper. I could have splurged for more, but this is my first new car.
Suggested Improvements
I would love to have the nav system/bluetooth, but it didn't come on my manual transmission sport. The editor's reviews suggest the manual tranny is more enjoyable to drive. If only Honda could make more of them available. This goes for all car manufacturers. It was tough shopping when there weren't manuals to test drive. More horsepower. But I will always want more horsepower. The get-up is sufficient. Insanely excessive is better.