MPG Disappointment
By livinglarge2 on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I have had my Honda Fit since the middle of July 12. I have put 6,000 miles on my car..mostly highway miles. I'm wondering if the manufacturer misrepresented the MPG advertised. I drive the car to work...which is mixed highway and city with 20mpg if I'm lucky. I have driven this car on long trips and can't seem to get the MPG over 32. This is with speeds below 60mph. I'm wondering if Honda came up with their MPG figures based on an anorexic driving this car without as much as a 5lb purse on board. I got 37 MPG on the way home from the dealership, but haven't seen it since. Perhaps the dealer used Premium gas? I can't duplicate the mileage. I should have bought the PRIUS.
Suggested Improvements
I would suggest to Honda that they put in a console or at least an arm rest for the driver's seat. A little more power would have made the drive a lot more fun.
By jesse357
on 05/22/13 20:27 PM (PDT)

I think it is the lack of a sixth gear which requires very high engine RPMs for sufficient power that reduce the mileage on the highway.

By believe
on 04/22/13 23:02 PM (PDT)

I drive the automatic and still get 40mpg on the highway and I am not taking it easy on the car!

By mutinyguy
on 10/18/12 07:59 AM (PDT)

Wow I am surprised at you poor mileage. I have seen over 40 mpg on highway trips and around town we are getting ~32 mpg. Something seems wrong with your Fit. I drive a 12 Fit Sport 5 speed manual.