Great car!
By kinggeorgeiii on
2012 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
This car is really superb. I've owned and driven Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles, Buicks, Chevrolets, Chryslers, and Fords over the last decade. (Additionally, before I bought this car, I rented and test drove an Elantra, a Corolla, and a Yaris for a combined month.) Some were better than others, but none managed to get the whole package right like this Honda Fit. It's a wonderfully capable car, for hauling people. The folding seats will let you fit all sorts of stuff, and because it's a car instead of an SUV, getting heavy items into the back is a breeze. This is an economy car, which means the price is cheap, and it's thrifty with gas, too. I'm getting mid-30s, even with "spirited" driving.
Favorite Features
The manual transmission makes the car come alive, and I highly recommend it. I'd never driven a stick before, but I learned in 10 minutes at the dealer. I bought the base, and it already comes with everything a "loaded" car 10 years ago had. Power locks/windows/brakes/steering, cruise, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, CD player, aux inputs, and USB/iPod hookup on the stereo, etc. It's also got side airbags, active head restraints, etc. so it's quite a safe car, too. Basically, this is all the car that 90% of people probably would ever need. It doesn't feel cheap, and it doesn't drive or ride cheaply, either. Furthermore, it's got Honda reliability and holds its value very well.
Suggested Improvements
It's hard to think of anything, honestly. Maybe the air conditioner could be a little stronger. I bought a black Fit, and I live in the warm South, and haven't been miserable, but with all the glass and all the interior volume, it can take a bit for the AC to really make a dent. The front seats are fine for me, but I'm 5'10". I think a 6' driver might feel a bit cramped. A turbocharger would be great ;) -Although, I must admit, it's not necessary at all. I manage to handily accelerate well in excess of the speed limit after almost every stoplight.