2012 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Fun to drive and economical

2012 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Fun to drive and economical
By oldautoman on

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first small car I've owned in many years. I would describe almost all of my driving as suburban and seldom on the highways. The Fit does fit my needs almost perfictly. It's OK on the highway and it does get its best mpg on the highway but around town it's just a delight to drive. I have 2300 miles on the car. My calculated mpg for this distance is 30.6. I feel that is fine for a car that is mostly in town. It is higher when on the road.

It's quite comfortable. The handling, brakes and steering all are very good. While I wont often be hauling lots of stuff, the folding seats are a great design when you need it. Overall I think the interior and exterior designs are very good. I just look forward to driving this car!

I'd like to have a locking glove box and a gas filler door that latches inside the car. These are small things. I think the highway performance would be improved if the Honda engineers would replace the port injection with direct injection on the engine. Hyundai and Kia use that on their small engines. I'm happy with my Fit. I intend to keep it for quite a few years. I'd be delighted if Honda would make a "Fit+" with just a little more power for highway speeds. I'd buy that.