Fuel economy is way better than advertised
By hime86 on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
We chose the fit after test driving the Mazda 3, the Hyundai Elantra, and the Honda Civic. I drive 40 miles a day for my commute, about 60% of that in very heavy stop-and-go traffic, and I've never had less than 34 mpg in my Fit! It's nice to be able to fill up for less than $30, even when gas is almost $4/gallon. I bought the automatic in the Sport trim, which has nice interior finishes like chrome and leather accents. There is a TON of interior room-- when the office carpools to lunch, everyone wants to go in my Fit. It doesn't accelerate like a bigger car but the gas mileage is worth it.
Favorite Features
- Sleek, simple interior - Black upholstery is very practical - Passenger and cargo room is amazing, it's bigger inside than a Civic - Cup holders are very well placed and there are plenty of them - Steering-wheel mounted audio controls and fog lights on Sport trim - Visibility is great-- few (if any) blind spots - Simple audio controls - *Incredible gas mileage*-- This is why we bought this car, along with its classy looks, and we haven't been disappointed!
Suggested Improvements
- The visors are too small in most cases-- I'm looking into getting "extenders" to help keep the sun off my face. We purchased window tint, which helps, but the south Texas sun is still a little too intense. - The "dashboard rattle"-- I've read about many recent Honda buyers having this issue. It comes from the dashboard pieces not having been snapped together perfectly at the factory. Sometimes when I drive at highway speeds I hear a slight rattle, like a crackle on the radio, but it comes and goes and can't be heard over the radio.
By priusenvy1
on 04/15/12 22:50 PM (PDT)

I don't get it, it costs you less than $30 to fill the tank?? You must have really cheap gas, I mean, the tank has 10.6 gallons so at current price of $3.80 should cost you $40. Might point being the mpg never has an effect on price of fill up, only effects how often you fill up. I can see that other reviewers use this same illogical reasoning.

By myfitty12
on 05/09/12 17:29 PM (PDT)

At most, it cost me $35 to fill up. The fuel tank is 10.6 gallons but keep in mind, Honda Fit drivers never put more than 8 gallons in the tank.