FALSE ADVERTISING! MPG SCAM
By 808fit on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I bought this car in hawaii. I got it for 20,500 otd price. It is a sport auto. I drove it on full tank from the dealership and as of now only averaging 19mpg. I drive only in the city to work which is about a mile from where i live. I understand it is a lot of stop and go to work, but i dont even use air con, and I should be getting at least close to the mpg that it state in the fact sheet. I havent called honda yet cuz i already know they will say it is still new and blah blah blah, you need to break it in or what not, but still this is horrible. Another problem is the transmission always feels it is down shifting too fast when I am coming to a stop.
By oldautoman
on 07/11/12 07:19 AM (PDT)

I bought my Fit two months ago. Although it appeared to have nearly a full tank of gas as I left the dealer, I stopped at a station and added nearly two gallons to really fill it up. Your tank may not have been really full at the dealer. That might explain a little of your first tank low mpg. How long did you own the car before you rated it? How could you rate it so low on performance, fun-to-drive, interior design, exterior design, build quality and reliability without making a single comment about these items? My Fit Sport automatic may not be perfict but it is fun to drive. The mpg I get falls right in the predicted figures on the window sticker. I am very happy with my car.

By siarizona
on 01/13/13 21:19 PM (PST)

Come on! I have an '09 Fit Sport, I drive the heck out of it at 75-85 mph, and I consistently get 32 mpg+