Disappointing
By azdriver3 on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I've had my Fit for about 6 months, 6,000 miles. I'm not impressed. I drive this car like an old grandma, slow acceleration, early deceleration, maximizing coasting and momentum.. and I don't even come close to the advertised mileage in town. I get maybe 22-24 in town, compared to the 27 it's supposed to get. I got better city mileage in my last car, which was 600 lbs heavier with a much bigger engine and almost 300hp, and I drove that car like I stole it. And on that note, this car is slow. Anemically slow. It gets me from A to B, but I have to make sure I have looots of room before I pull out into traffic.
Favorite Features
One positive feature: This car is small! My favorite thing about it is the ability to snag tiny parking spots that other people in bigger cars had to pass by. Also, poop tons of cargo space! There's an amazing amount of room inside this tiny car. Seats are comfortable for long drives. Recently drove 800+ miles in one shot and had no back or butt fatigue. I bet this car would be fun on long, winding roads that require turning but little acceleration/braking. Too bad I don't have any of those around here.
Suggested Improvements
To be improved: -Weak stereo, with an awful iPod interface -Terrible brakes, with poor stopping power and no finesse -Interior has a nasty, chemical smell -Needs MORE POWER. I swear this would get better mileage if it had a little more power. 150hp would do nicely. -Really wide A-pillars make for awkward visibility in turns; could be adjusted. -Transmission shifts roughly from 1st to 2nd at slow speeds.