2012 Fit Sport with 5 speed manual
By eighthhonda on
2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I really like this car. I was concerned I would not like a relatively inexpensive car. The Fit Sport has exceeded my expectations. I had read so many positive reviews by national media and was hoping they were right. I agree, a lot of car for the money! I drove the Fit Sport with an automatic/paddle shifters was not that impressed, then I drove the Fit Sport with the manual. I was sold. That transmission "fits" the small engine well. Acceleration is surprisingly strong. Tourqe too.
Favorite Features
Price, quality feel of materials and build quality handling, great manual transmission. Good seats. Nice legroom. LED display.
Suggested Improvements
Although the transmission shifts great and seems to match the engine well, a sixth gear would make this car just about perfect. The black interior does show lint as others have mentioned as well.
By eighthhonda
on 12/27/11 15:35 PM (PST)

Also, I forgot to add that the Fit Sport stereo system usb works well (non Navi). I linked to my iPhone 4 with IOS 5.01 with no problems, showing all AAC files. It also worked with a standard usb flash drive, I copied my iTunes library to it as a test, the Fit Sport Stereo system linked with that too, showing radio data display for FM, ipod, and usb.

By eighthhonda
on 01/03/12 19:09 PM (PST)

Gas mileage is fantastic! 35.9 city/highway mix. I would like a little more front legroom, again not bad, but ideal world. I think I have abnormally long lower legs. As stated before, acceleration is good, better than expected in all gears. Downside of that is that is that the gears are short and rpms are high. It's ok, still great mileage will turning 3700 rpm / 80 mph in fifth gear. A tall/overdrive sixth gear would be perfect. USB drive (I use a Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB) is great. Fast access. Created folders, Fit stereo system allows easy browsing of my folders and songs. Over 1500!

By eighthhonda
on 02/08/12 11:03 AM (PST)

Have put about 2500 miles on the Fit already. 100 mile commute :(. Still really pleased with the car. Really glad I went with the manual tranny. After these miles, I have changed my mind and don't mind the shorter gearing/lack of 6th speed. The car is smooth even at higher revs. Now have a iPod classic which allows navigation of music folders in reverse which usb did not. Gas mileage is great, if I drive it easy I can get 39-40 mpg! Of course that is mainly highway. Drive it fast, 80mph and more city miles and it is still around 35 mpg. Nitpicking, I would say the 1st gear to 2nd gear shift sometimes feels a bit "notchy", but I haven't had a manual in probably a dozen years so still relearning ;) A touch more bass in the system would be nice, but overall the stereo system is good.

By myfitty12
on 04/07/12 12:40 PM (PDT)

I kind of feel the same way about the 6th gear. Sometimes I wish I had it whenever I am going 70+ MPH on the freeway but then whenever I need to pass someone I would have to downshift two gears. My only gripes with my 2012 Fit Sport Manual now at 6000 miles is probably the lack of Bluetooth and Sat radio and it needs to be a bit more quiet on the highway but I love the car as much as you do :) What color is yours?

By mcdawgg
on 09/11/12 09:33 AM (PDT)

myfitty12 - no, you would just downshift from 6th directly to 4th. Pretty much all 6 speed manuals are this way. 5th and 6th are both overdrives, with only 300-400 rpms difference between them. Honda should have a 6 speed manual in this car.