Used 2012 Honda Fit Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

2nd Fit purchased new
By heffelz8

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The wife and myself owned a 2008 Fit while living abroad in Europe. When we moved back to the States, we purchased another Fit. For a compact car, Honda really managed to cram a whole lot into this vehicle without making it seem over-done. Fit and finish is quite nice, along with the overall design. This car works, it's practical, very lively to drive (with the stick) and very fuel efficient 36 highway and 33 in town. I am 6'6" 210 lbs and fit very very well in this car. My knees don't hit anything on the way in or out. Loading height is great whether you're 5'2, like my wife, or my size. I would buy a 3rd fit if I ever felt so inclined to get another family member in one.

Practical space, fold down (magic) seat, leg room, fuel efficiency (34.7 combined), Large windows, great sight angles, ease of operation.

Seat height adjuster. It's just a we-bit short for my wife. That's it.

No Lagin Wagon
By arbolero

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very impressed. I wouldn't race anybody for pinks with this car, but it's still very lively when I need it to accelerate and responsive when I need it to handle. I drive treacherous, windy, mountain roads. Honda has made a proven winner and, remarkably, it remains unseated by any of the market's other small cars which are trying so hard, but not quite measuring up. I average 36 to 39 mpg on a tank. The seats are supportive and comfortable enough for 5 hours continuous driving. The drivers seat is spacious enough for a 6'1" driver. A 6'8" friend of mine was not able to sit comfortably in the driver's seat.

Exterior design. Looks like the helmet of one of the Halo characters from the back. Fuel economy. I don't understand how I still manage to pull off 36ish with all the time I have my foot in it. Funtionality. Yep, nothing I can say here that has not been said already. Handling. She's so light and nimble. The gearbox is super smooth and assuring. Never missed any shifts yet. Seats. Plenty of padding for my boney butt. And snug and supportive for the aggressive driving mode. Also, the material is breathable, adding to the driver's comfort. Price. All this for under twenty. I feel like such a smart shopper. I could have splurged for more, but this is my first new car.

I would love to have the nav system/bluetooth, but it didn't come on my manual transmission sport. The editor's reviews suggest the manual tranny is more enjoyable to drive. If only Honda could make more of them available. This goes for all car manufacturers. It was tough shopping when there weren't manuals to test drive. More horsepower. But I will always want more horsepower. The get-up is sufficient. Insanely excessive is better.

Just Freaking Awesome
By smoothride12

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We've had the 2012 Fit Sport since December 2011. The car is an absolute blast to drive. We have the 5 speed manual. Great acceleration, phenomenal handling. 90% of our driving is in town and approximately 3 to 10 miles round trip. We are getting 31.5 miles per gallon. Unbelievable! Spacious interior and great engineering. I can't say enough about this car.

2012 Fit Sport with 5 speed manual
By eighthhonda

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. I was concerned I would not like a relatively inexpensive car. The Fit Sport has exceeded my expectations. I had read so many positive reviews by national media and was hoping they were right. I agree, a lot of car for the money! I drove the Fit Sport with an automatic/paddle shifters was not that impressed, then I drove the Fit Sport with the manual. I was sold. That transmission "fits" the small engine well. Acceleration is surprisingly strong. Tourqe too.

Price, quality feel of materials and build quality handling, great manual transmission. Good seats. Nice legroom. LED display.

Although the transmission shifts great and seems to match the engine well, a sixth gear would make this car just about perfect. The black interior does show lint as others have mentioned as well.

2012 Honda Fit Sport MT in Vortex Blue
By hondalvr4life

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I waited 2 weeks for this color to come in from Japan and boy am I glad I did, It is gorgeous, and you don't see it as often as the other colors. The car is fantastic, I def had to get the Manual Transmission and it is soo much better than the Auto. Right now, the car has almost 1,000 miles and I am soo far averaging 33.5 MPG. The updates for 2012 seemed to have worked as the interior is much quieter than the older model. The seats are comfortable, it only cost me $28 bucks to fill up, and its fun to drive. I'd say I have a winner with this car and I could not be happier!

Roomy Interior, Fuel Economy (I am coming from a gas guzzling 2001 Accord V6), Handling, Aggressive New Styling, Visibility from the drivers seat, Color, Rims, Manual Transmission, Cargo Room, this car is like a clown car with all the headroom!

A 2012 car and it didn't come with factory Bluetooth or XM satellite radio. You can get bluetooth with the NAV model but that isnt available with a Manual and still didnt come with Bluetooth. I would also like to see a height adjustable driver seat (its fine for me but other drivers might have problems). Also, more power never hurts, maybe even a Fit Si? I would buy that. Gas mileage is good soo far but could be better, the small 10.6 gal gas tank does limit the range to 300 miles or less but it is pretty cheap to fill up so that makes up for it. Hopefully for the next model Honda will introduce more tech and lux features like the Fiesta, although the Fit is still number one for me!