2012 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
2nd Fit purchased new
By heffelz8 on 10/22/12 20:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The wife and myself owned a 2008 Fit while living abroad in Europe. When we moved back to the States, we purchased another Fit. For a compact car, Honda really managed to cram a whole lot into this vehicle without making it seem over-done. Fit and finish is quite nice, along with the overall design. This car works, it's practical, very lively to drive (with the stick) and very fuel efficient 36 highway and 33 in town. I am 6'6" 210 lbs and fit very very well in this car. My knees don't hit anything on the way in or out. Loading height is great whether you're 5'2, like my wife, or my size. I would buy a 3rd fit if I ever felt so inclined to get another family member in one.

No Lagin Wagon
By arbolero on 09/09/12 12:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very impressed. I wouldn't race anybody for pinks with this car, but it's still very lively when I need it to accelerate and responsive when I need it to handle. I drive treacherous, windy, mountain roads. Honda has made a proven winner and, remarkably, it remains unseated by any of the market's other small cars which are trying so hard, but not quite measuring up. I average 36 to 39 mpg on a tank. The seats are supportive and comfortable enough for 5 hours continuous driving. The drivers seat is spacious enough for a 6'1" driver. A 6'8" friend of mine was not able to sit comfortably in the driver's seat.

Just Freaking Awesome
By smoothride12 on 04/06/12 06:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We've had the 2012 Fit Sport since December 2011. The car is an absolute blast to drive. We have the 5 speed manual. Great acceleration, phenomenal handling. 90% of our driving is in town and approximately 3 to 10 miles round trip. We are getting 31.5 miles per gallon. Unbelievable! Spacious interior and great engineering. I can't say enough about this car.

2012 Fit Sport with 5 speed manual
By eighthhonda on 12/26/11 18:33 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. I was concerned I would not like a relatively inexpensive car. The Fit Sport has exceeded my expectations. I had read so many positive reviews by national media and was hoping they were right. I agree, a lot of car for the money! I drove the Fit Sport with an automatic/paddle shifters was not that impressed, then I drove the Fit Sport with the manual. I was sold. That transmission "fits" the small engine well. Acceleration is surprisingly strong. Tourqe too.

2012 Honda Fit Sport MT in Vortex Blue
By hondalvr4life on 12/14/11 14:26 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I waited 2 weeks for this color to come in from Japan and boy am I glad I did, It is gorgeous, and you don't see it as often as the other colors. The car is fantastic, I def had to get the Manual Transmission and it is soo much better than the Auto. Right now, the car has almost 1,000 miles and I am soo far averaging 33.5 MPG. The updates for 2012 seemed to have worked as the interior is much quieter than the older model. The seats are comfortable, it only cost me $28 bucks to fill up, and its fun to drive. I'd say I have a winner with this car and I could not be happier!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Fit in VA is:

$134 per month*