2011 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Honda does not Fit

2011 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Honda does not Fit
By dillpickle1 on

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I followed Edmunds and Consumer Reports great ratings and bought a Honda Fit. BIG MISTAKE!! Worst Honda ever and would not buy again. 4 safety recalls and counting. Very harsh ride and "go-car" handling on interstate....very scary. Poor fit and finish compared to older Honda's. Tires are terrible and should be recalled. Should be Michelins. Bald tires at 25,000 miles but rotated every 7,000!! Body metal is suspect and very thin. Fascia trim falling off car. Transmission shifting poorly timed and paddle shifters are a JOKE. What more can I say....

Interior layout and design is excellent. Too bad the rest of the car is not as well designed and manufactured. Honda should have left this design and engineering in Europe where they tolerate lower standards!!

Dump the Fit model and stick with Civic and Accord. Better choices in a car but Honda quality is definately going in the wrong direction! Their competition gets it! I really cannot understand all the reviewers and people who love this car....no accounting for taste I guess!
By jul7
on 02/28/12 11:27 AM (PST)

I want give you a thumb up, not only what you said similar to my experience, but applause for your direct fact-telling story. Thank you.

By bbillyo
on 04/12/12 20:44 PM (PDT)

Ours blows out tires when it hits a pothole. 2 blowouts in a few months. "Fun to drive" Are you kidding me?