Hond Fit may not fit you
By jul7 on
2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
After a thorough and time-consuming study, bought the well-mouthed Honda fit. Both the Edmunds and consumer-guide recommend subcompact. months of driving, comes comments. 1: it's city car, not for highways. you can't over pass anyone, the maximum speed I can reach on Rt 90 is 92mph. 2: slow acceleration ( Mine is auto), the 5sp is likely better, so be prepared, it's not CRX or hatch, buy a 5sp unless you have to drive an auto. drive like a Geo Metro in my case. 3: paddle shifter is useless in most cases, the 1st and 2nd gears engagement quickly, that's also make you feel very sluggish. unless you shift into 2nd gear directly. 4 under hood center console ridge touch your knee. beware
Favorite Features
Styling and driver armrest. 1.5L live i vtec engine. magic seats magically works great,
Suggested Improvements
1 Need re-design the center console hood flush area to make your right leg/knee more comfortable 2 need gear engagement change on the 1st and 2nd 3 may be a lighter color interior would be better besides the black. 4 can't figure out why the tail light bulb burns so quickly, my other 04 model Toyota matrix works for 7 years now without a single problem. this Fit had such a minor problem within 3 months. 5 had an used CRX (5sp) before, it's really a great car. you can't expect the Fit like that, CRZ? well it's a wagon with modernized everything, ( air bags, EBS, etc), should not a direct comparison. 6 It will fit if the above attended.
By irritatrix
on 08/20/11 20:39 PM (PDT)

It "only" goes 92 mph? There is no place in the US where that's a legal speed limit - in fact, it will qualify you for a reckless driving, rather than speeding, ticket in many states.

By bobg57
on 08/10/11 16:54 PM (PDT)

I truly don't understand. You did a thorough study and bought a car that accelerates 0-60 in almost 11 seconds, published. I love my Fit but agree that Honda tries to entice the younger crowd with completely useless paddle shifters on these type vehicles, which are intended for a much more sedate crowd.

By dillpickle1
on 09/07/11 09:17 AM (PDT)

I agree with everything you say...most over rated Honda ever!!! I think they "get it" now because Honda sales are tanking in US. My 2002 Accord is best car I ever owned but newer models are lower quality, fit and finish terrible, crap.

By jul7
on 02/28/12 11:19 AM (PST)

Thanks for the above comments, I apologize for posting the speed of 92MPH, I'm not a fast driver, I just test its maximum ability, only momentarily driving, also this is not the type of car you drive in that speed range. The truth is that Fit is very slow in highway pass, that's most viewers likely agree with. I was only caught by Cops once in my life ( 15 year driving in USA). so don't misunderstand my point. Also, Fit is not for power or fast car, just practical mini-wagon, again, my point is that there is no spirit of CRX in it, ( even deducting/taking in consideration of the modern safety features). My maintenance update: mine will reach 10Km soon, no major issue except the tail light was reported above. MPG is not good when compare to other similar hatch/wagon, only marginal better than my older larger 04' Matrix.

By davedaviddave
on 10/21/14 14:03 PM (PDT)

I had 2 1990's Civics years ago and the 2011 Fit Sport is right up there in terms of quality and driving feel. The engine is definitely better - my 1995 LX had about 102 hp and the 1992 CX only had 70 - you can feel that added pull that the Fit engine haw when accelerating. For a fun driving experience, though, you need to get the manual. The manual transmission completely changes the feel of the car and makes it much more fun to drive