Fit to Impress
By arbolero on
2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have only used half a tank, but I am eager to share my first impression of the car. I'll start with the bad. Sport, implying some relativity to a sports car, is not an accurate description. Yes, it's nimble, eagerly reving, and fun to drive, but it lacks proper acceleration, maneuverability, or pedigree to be a member of this class. The Fit's enormously practical design would make it the odd-car-out if it shared some tile in the showroom of sport thoroughbreds. But I didn't need another car with senseless horsepower and "member" compensating qualities. This time, I was in the market for sensible. Plus, Honda was wise enough to forego a Sport badge on the rear gate, so, we can let it be
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, roomy cabin, versatile cargo area, driver visibility, light and nimble driving impression, fuel economy, notorious for reliability, well deserved brand recognition, fit and finish. Reasons it's better than the others: Driver visibility, roomy cabin, versatile cargo area, reliability, and lasting interior and exterior design Being frugal, I know that driving a vehicle for it's lifetime earns the greates return on your vehicle investment. I also know, from past experience, the carmaker has this kind of driver in mind. The average age of a vehicle on the road is over 10 year and I'm glad to know that my caremaker helped leverage the data :)
Suggested Improvements
I already bashed the poor car for it's unjustifiable clame to the sport category, so, I won't repeat it. Stop being so awesome. The others are beginning to resent you. Lastly, increase the seat adjustment to accomodate 6'6"+ persons.
By b_ray
on 02/17/12 14:41 PM (PST)

I think you should reconsider your rant on "Sport". Many car manufacturers have been branding each model with a sub-category sometimes referred to as "grade" or "trim". While some manufacturers use letters like LS, LX, ES more and more are starting too use words to better describe the different grades of the model. These grades aren't meant to change the class of car. For instance, a Toyota RAV4 Sport, no one should expect, because it's grade or trim is sport, that it should be like a sports car. It should however look or act more sporty than the standard RAV4. According to performance tests, the Honda Fit Sport does out perform the standard Honda Fit, so your Honda Fit Sport is living up to its name, being more sporty than the standard model.

By priusenvy1
on 04/16/12 23:52 PM (PDT)

"Sport" doesn't mean sports car... It means sport package.. Duh