2011 Honda Fit Consumer Review: air conditioning problems?

2011 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

air conditioning problems?
By jerdude73 on

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

is it me or is mine the only one that the air conditioner compressor goes on and off while the a/c is on. you notice a huge difference in the temperature. the dealer said that this is normal after checking out my car. they tried getting the moisture out of the unit but it still does this. is this normal? and gas mileage is actually running about 28mpg combined. not as good as i expected

By jul7
on 07/14/11 11:07 AM (PDT)

again, yes, A/C sucks, MPG sucks. I can expect the 1.5 engine with A/C on will not work adequate enough to keep you cool. we should not complaint about that, it's the nature of a little car, and principle of law of physics. We should be fair with it. But I can't tell why the fuel consumption is horrible? 1.5L modern engine with about 2800lb weight should be better than a 1.8L/16L toyota/Hunydai, but not in fact. Also I never get then EPA or Maufacrue calaimed MPG numbers in both highway and local and without A/C on and without any hard brakes.

By bobg57
on 08/13/11 14:18 PM (PDT)

I suspect a problem with your AC, don't take no for an answer, I routinely drive through the desert and have no AC complaints. Today is well over 90 here and my AC keeps it cool just fine. I get an average of around 35 combined, never saw anything less than 33 on a whole tank, I think the gas mileage is much better than advertised. Have done 42.9 on a whole tank but that's highway, no AC and no gusty winds.

By richardar6
on 09/23/12 08:40 AM (PDT)

The company I work for has a fleet of Fits and the A/C sucks on all of them when idling or in traffic. I sweat like a pig down here in Florida when I'm stuck in traffic (all windows tinted and I still fry). When accelerating, the a/c dosen't blow cold air until the auto hits 3rd gear. In idle, it blows coolish air, not cold. They all do it. I've been in '09's, '10's, and '11's and they ALL do it. Unless you drive at a constant speed, get used to it. Thanks Honda for letting me sweat my weight off.

By dillpickle1
on 09/07/11 09:24 AM (PDT)

Same crap with my Fit!!! Honda is not listening but their sales are tanking anyway. Should be able to get a great deal in 2012 but who wants a Honda now? My 2002 Accord was best car with 200,000 miles but don't expect to get to 100,000 miles with Fit before it falls apart!! Should have kept this model in Europe where it belongs!!