Used 2011 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Hond Fit may not fit you
By jul7

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After a thorough and time-consuming study, bought the well-mouthed Honda fit. Both the Edmunds and consumer-guide recommend subcompact. months of driving, comes comments. 1: it's city car, not for highways. you can't over pass anyone, the maximum speed I can reach on Rt 90 is 92mph. 2: slow acceleration ( Mine is auto), the 5sp is likely better, so be prepared, it's not CRX or hatch, buy a 5sp unless you have to drive an auto. drive like a Geo Metro in my case. 3: paddle shifter is useless in most cases, the 1st and 2nd gears engagement quickly, that's also make you feel very sluggish. unless you shift into 2nd gear directly. 4 under hood center console ridge touch your knee. beware

Favorite Features

Styling and driver armrest. 1.5L live i vtec engine. magic seats magically works great,

Suggested Improvements

1 Need re-design the center console hood flush area to make your right leg/knee more comfortable 2 need gear engagement change on the 1st and 2nd 3 may be a lighter color interior would be better besides the black. 4 can't figure out why the tail light bulb burns so quickly, my other 04 model Toyota matrix works for 7 years now without a single problem. this Fit had such a minor problem within 3 months. 5 had an used CRX (5sp) before, it's really a great car. you can't expect the Fit like that, CRZ? well it's a wagon with modernized everything, ( air bags, EBS, etc), should not a direct comparison. 6 It will fit if the above attended.

What a horrible mistake.
By orangesmoke

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was taken in by the reviews. I test drove it and fell in love. I thought it was the best car out there for me. Then I bought it. The a/c doesn't work, blows hot air. Honda assures me this is normal. After a 6 hour drive I'm sweating and my a/c is putting out 70 degree air. The headlights flicker at night. Honda says this is because the a/c is on and I should shut it off. Sure enough, if I turn the a/c off the lights stop flickering and the temperature of the car goes up to 80. I have a manual. I try to put it in reverse and have to double clutch it. Honda says that all manual transmissions do this. I replaced a 1990 Toyota Camry with this Fit that says otherwise.

Favorite Features

I'm 5'1". There is NO position in which the headrest does not force my head down. The head rest is tilted so far forward that I have to lean the seat way back so the head rest doesn't push my head and I can see over the dash. My back hates me for buying this car. My eyes hate me for buying this car. I hate this car. I regret this purchase so much... I was happier with my 21 year old car, problems and all. At least the headlights and the a/c worked and I could drive it. I now have 5000 miles on this car after 1 month of ownership. I want to sell it and get out from under it as soon as possible. Before more Honda tricks rise up to bite me you know where.

Suggested Improvements

If you never drive at night, are at least 5'10" tall, don't back out of parking spaces regularly, and don't use the a/c, then this is a great little car. Otherwise- stay away.

air conditioning problems?
By jerdude73

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

is it me or is mine the only one that the air conditioner compressor goes on and off while the a/c is on. you notice a huge difference in the temperature. the dealer said that this is normal after checking out my car. they tried getting the moisture out of the unit but it still does this. is this normal? and gas mileage is actually running about 28mpg combined. not as good as i expected

Suggested Improvements

a/c

I LOVE This Car!
By mrswilliams1

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2005 Volvo S60R on this car and I was prepared to be a little underwhelmed. I can honestly say that I haven't had a moment of buyer's remorse. This car is very fun to drive and I use it mostly for commuting so I am loving the gas mileage as compared to my old car. I'm sure that the manual would be even more fun but I've grown tired of the constant shifting in stop and go traffic. I was planning to sell this car to my daughter in a few years but I'm rethinking that idea because I love the car so much!

Favorite Features

Brilliant use of space in such a small car. Windows make it feel much larger than it is and visibility is fantastic. Both front AND rear seats accommodate my 6'2" son's frame very nicely. Never hard to find a parking space. Handling and maneuverability are amazing.

Great Car but somethings are missing
By mrwilliematt

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a commuter but find that I drive it most of the time now. My other car is a 2008 Tundra. This car gets better MPG than they promissed I have gotten above 40 mpg on a tank of gas with 90% highway driving. I like the cars gokart like handling and the acceleration decent if you really wind it up. Other reviewer have mentioned the noise and it is certainly true that there is plenty but it doesn't bother me to much coming from a full size truck. the car can also be a bit rough on bumps when encountering potholes but I think that is the rpice of the excellent hadling. I am 6'3" and 300 lbs but have no trouble with interior room.

Favorite Features

Handling, MPG, Radio USB interface works perfectly with IPhone 4, it even charges the phone.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs two things and I would have paid to get them. Rear discs; at highway speeds when breaking hard it nose dives due to drum fade. 6 Speed tranny; would help with MPG and noise. Automatic headlights, this would be a software fix, and virtually all cars have them now.