2011 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
What a horrible mistake.
By orangesmoke on 07/07/11 15:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was taken in by the reviews. I test drove it and fell in love. I thought it was the best car out there for me. Then I bought it. The a/c doesn't work, blows hot air. Honda assures me this is normal. After a 6 hour drive I'm sweating and my a/c is putting out 70 degree air. The headlights flicker at night. Honda says this is because the a/c is on and I should shut it off. Sure enough, if I turn the a/c off the lights stop flickering and the temperature of the car goes up to 80. I have a manual. I try to put it in reverse and have to double clutch it. Honda says that all manual transmissions do this. I replaced a 1990 Toyota Camry with this Fit that says otherwise.

air conditioning problems?
By jerdude73 on 06/21/11 11:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

is it me or is mine the only one that the air conditioner compressor goes on and off while the a/c is on. you notice a huge difference in the temperature. the dealer said that this is normal after checking out my car. they tried getting the moisture out of the unit but it still does this. is this normal? and gas mileage is actually running about 28mpg combined. not as good as i expected

I LOVE This Car!
By mrswilliams1 on 06/08/11 08:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2005 Volvo S60R on this car and I was prepared to be a little underwhelmed. I can honestly say that I haven't had a moment of buyer's remorse. This car is very fun to drive and I use it mostly for commuting so I am loving the gas mileage as compared to my old car. I'm sure that the manual would be even more fun but I've grown tired of the constant shifting in stop and go traffic. I was planning to sell this car to my daughter in a few years but I'm rethinking that idea because I love the car so much!

Great Car but somethings are missing
By mrwilliematt on 06/06/11 15:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a commuter but find that I drive it most of the time now. My other car is a 2008 Tundra. This car gets better MPG than they promissed I have gotten above 40 mpg on a tank of gas with 90% highway driving. I like the cars gokart like handling and the acceleration decent if you really wind it up. Other reviewer have mentioned the noise and it is certainly true that there is plenty but it doesn't bother me to much coming from a full size truck. the car can also be a bit rough on bumps when encountering potholes but I think that is the rpice of the excellent hadling. I am 6'3" and 300 lbs but have no trouble with interior room.

Simply the best small car!
By 3rdhonda on 05/26/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After previously owning a new Civic for 9 years and then selling it to get a 2011 Fit, I have to say this car is wonderful, just fantastic in every way. I could not be happier with a car. It is functional, reliable, fun to drive, and best of all has exceedingly great mileage. I don't know what planet the epa was testing the fit on but here on earth, my car gets 44 highway (at 65 mph) and averages around 39 combined/city/highway even with the a/c on. This is after about 7500 miles. Initially the first few thousand miles the mileage is not as good but still much better than the epa quotes. I love this car, just love it!!!!!

Fit is still the best B-segment car (but for how long)
By mhadden1 on 05/05/11 08:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is a blast to drive, has respectable mpgs (above EPA estimates), and has more space than anyone could guess from the outside. Although the materials in the cabin are decent, it won't take you long to see they are relatively cheap. You'll also notice the "small" things that you may be use to are not present (heated mirrors, adjustable intermittent wipers). Small gripes, but noticeable. The manual trans shifts smoothly, but a 6th gear is needed to bring the rpms at 60mph below 3k. The Fit is still nice, but other cars are catching up to it (material quality and options, not to mention lower priced). The question is whether or not they will match Honda's long-term reliability...

Lifelong Honda fan
By aerozeppelinn on 04/16/11 05:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 civic vp, regrettably traded that in for a family sized wagon, and now just got a 2011 fit for myself. I've only had it about 800 miles, but absolutely love it.

What a great car!
By grapeguy on 04/06/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in an '06 Civic EX auto w/navi for the Fit. Could not be happier! The Civic was a very good car - took me 150,000 miles with no problems at all. Never even had to change a light bulb. Just regular service. I expect the Fit to be just as reliable. Whereas the Civic was nice to drive - the Fit is a real hoot! Reminds me of the fun I had with my early '80s GTI. I've only put 500 miles on it so far but I can tell this car is screwed together very well. Not the fastest car out there but it has plenty of spunk and the overall driving experience is fantastic. The interior is huge for a car this size and the seats are quite supportive and comfortable. Best car purchase I've made.

Second Time Around's the Charm
By cmj9120 on 03/30/11 19:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just got my second Fit; an upgrade from a 2010 Base to a 2011 Sport w/ Nav. Before that I was a Volvo guy, so... The Fit is reliable, fun, comfortable, versatile, and easy to drive as well as inexpensive to own. The mini-sport-hatchback factor was hard to resist in the 2010. In the upgraded 2011, it's spectacular. It is worth noting a Fit bested a Ferrari in a lane-change maneuver at over 70mph. Suffice it to say I look forward to traffic-free exit ramps. I have to say, most of the negative reviews of this car seem to not make any sense. If they're unhappy with something, didn't they look at/drive/test the car before they bought it? Bizarre. In sum: Fit + Me = Happy Happy, Joy Joy.

Great car! I hope you got the manual
By sdcole on 02/25/11 12:04 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

To begin my review, i am a "car guy" having owned a slew of german and high-end vehicles. I actually traded a 2003 BMW 530i for my Sport Fit! after driving the automatic, i was to say the least unimpressed in the drivetrain, but before leaving with my tail tucked, i decided to try the 5speed!! what a glorious decision!!! I now lovingly refer to it as my economy 911 now and have named her "Hisser"! I went on a 600 mile road trip the day i picked her up and with 4 male adults, and all of our luggage, i was astonished at the roominess of a "small car" and the average 32 MPG at 4000ft altitude. All around great value, and dodges the "economy car" title with style and fun factor!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$119 per month*