Used 2011 Honda Fit Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Fit to Impress
By arbolero

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only used half a tank, but I am eager to share my first impression of the car. I'll start with the bad. Sport, implying some relativity to a sports car, is not an accurate description. Yes, it's nimble, eagerly reving, and fun to drive, but it lacks proper acceleration, maneuverability, or pedigree to be a member of this class. The Fit's enormously practical design would make it the odd-car-out if it shared some tile in the showroom of sport thoroughbreds. But I didn't need another car with senseless horsepower and "member" compensating qualities. This time, I was in the market for sensible. Plus, Honda was wise enough to forego a Sport badge on the rear gate, so, we can let it be

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, roomy cabin, versatile cargo area, driver visibility, light and nimble driving impression, fuel economy, notorious for reliability, well deserved brand recognition, fit and finish. Reasons it's better than the others: Driver visibility, roomy cabin, versatile cargo area, reliability, and lasting interior and exterior design Being frugal, I know that driving a vehicle for it's lifetime earns the greates return on your vehicle investment. I also know, from past experience, the carmaker has this kind of driver in mind. The average age of a vehicle on the road is over 10 year and I'm glad to know that my caremaker helped leverage the data :)

Suggested Improvements

I already bashed the poor car for it's unjustifiable clame to the sport category, so, I won't repeat it. Stop being so awesome. The others are beginning to resent you. Lastly, increase the seat adjustment to accomodate 6'6"+ persons.

Great Car but somethings are missing
By mrwilliematt

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a commuter but find that I drive it most of the time now. My other car is a 2008 Tundra. This car gets better MPG than they promissed I have gotten above 40 mpg on a tank of gas with 90% highway driving. I like the cars gokart like handling and the acceleration decent if you really wind it up. Other reviewer have mentioned the noise and it is certainly true that there is plenty but it doesn't bother me to much coming from a full size truck. the car can also be a bit rough on bumps when encountering potholes but I think that is the rpice of the excellent hadling. I am 6'3" and 300 lbs but have no trouble with interior room.

Favorite Features

Handling, MPG, Radio USB interface works perfectly with IPhone 4, it even charges the phone.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs two things and I would have paid to get them. Rear discs; at highway speeds when breaking hard it nose dives due to drum fade. 6 Speed tranny; would help with MPG and noise. Automatic headlights, this would be a software fix, and virtually all cars have them now.

Simply the best small car!
By 3rdhonda

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After previously owning a new Civic for 9 years and then selling it to get a 2011 Fit, I have to say this car is wonderful, just fantastic in every way. I could not be happier with a car. It is functional, reliable, fun to drive, and best of all has exceedingly great mileage. I don't know what planet the epa was testing the fit on but here on earth, my car gets 44 highway (at 65 mph) and averages around 39 combined/city/highway even with the a/c on. This is after about 7500 miles. Initially the first few thousand miles the mileage is not as good but still much better than the epa quotes. I love this car, just love it!!!!!

Favorite Features

The mileage just gets better and better. This car actually teaches you how to drive again as you will see from the onboard mileage computer how much gas you use up when you punch the accelerator vs going lightly on it. The public has no idea how much gas they are wasting by going faster than than they should. The car is very comfortable and all the instruments are in the right place. The car has so much room inside that it is just like a SUV inside but has the small car feel and nimbleness and mileage we need. Why waste your money on a gas guzzling SUV when you can have this gem with all the benefits but without the gas costs?

Suggested Improvements

Maybe in a few years I will figure out what improvements to make but I honestly cannot think of anything. This is my 3rd Honda and this has to be the best Honda ever created. No wonder there is a shortage and it was hard to get. I had to order the 5 speed as most are automatic. The 5 speed is a dream! Smooth shifting. Just wonderful. So much fun to drive and the a/c is ice cold.

Fit is still the best B-segment car (but for how long)
By mhadden1

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is a blast to drive, has respectable mpgs (above EPA estimates), and has more space than anyone could guess from the outside. Although the materials in the cabin are decent, it won't take you long to see they are relatively cheap. You'll also notice the "small" things that you may be use to are not present (heated mirrors, adjustable intermittent wipers). Small gripes, but noticeable. The manual trans shifts smoothly, but a 6th gear is needed to bring the rpms at 60mph below 3k. The Fit is still nice, but other cars are catching up to it (material quality and options, not to mention lower priced). The question is whether or not they will match Honda's long-term reliability...

Favorite Features

5-speed manual, general exterior styling, Honda's "magic seat", USB interface, "hidden" second glovebox above "normal" glovebox.

Suggested Improvements

Heated mirrors (with integrated turn signal) and larger capacity washer fluid tank for US cars, 6th gear for the manual (5th gear at 60mph is 3k rpm!), ADJUSTABLE intermittent wipers. In general, why not bring more of the options and refinement available overseas to the US (panoramic roof, power fold mirrors, auto-climate, etc) since small cars are going to be here to stay?

Lifelong Honda fan
By aerozeppelinn

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 civic vp, regrettably traded that in for a family sized wagon, and now just got a 2011 fit for myself. I've only had it about 800 miles, but absolutely love it.

Favorite Features

The interior is deceptively huge. The rear seats fold in 2 ways that give alot of space for most things you can think of.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I can suggest is a bigger engine. I beleive I had a 1.8 in my civic, and in this Fit, there is a 1.5. The gas mileage is somehow not as good, maybe because the engine has to work harder for power? I think the car looks pretty cool too from the outside, but I have heard other people think its ugly.