Used 2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Most Helpful|
Things I wish I had Known ..
By thankfulgal2

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've been a Honda owner since 1985. I've had 5 Hondas in that time. I bought the Fit based on past experience with Hondas. But there are things I wish I'd known. Like how the blower motor for the heater/AC is too high an ampage and blows resistors (and isn't covered under any warranty), and how the fog lights on the sport model can be easily cracked by road debris and allow water in (requiring a replacement at $361 each to pass inspection), and the tires are an odd size that they cost a fortune to buy (that's if you can find them). There are some obvious design flaws that need to be addressed.

Favorite Features

i love the way the seats fold and the different configurations. i've helped a lot of folks move and moved my daughter and all her art supplies to and from college for two of her four years now. it's amazing how much i can pack in the little thing. i love the gas mileage (i had a 2001 CRV 4WD before and barely got 20 on a good day -- i'm averaging around 32 on the fit and i probably have as much room if not more than in the CRV). seats are pretty comfortable (i've done 9 hour drives) but very little adjustment can be made if they weren't.

Suggested Improvements

poor design on the blower motor, fog lamps, odd tire size. paint chips and scratches very easily. very low to the ground and sometimes difficult to get over speed bumps (even at low speeds) without scraping the bumper or underside. forget driving through puddles. easily blown off the road by wind. road noise is high. can adjust the seats very much for comfort. still don't understand the flappy paddles -- i had a manual transmission in the CRV so the flappy paddles seem almost childlike ....

Beware of the head restraint system!
By barbak

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Honda Fit in every way except the comfort of the driver's seat. I've actually driven without the headrest in; that's how much it hurts my neck. Although I had intended to drive this car until it wore out, I am going to be selling it in the next couple of months and buying something less painful. BTW, I am 5'7.

Favorite Features

The storage options are exceptional and the car is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Change the head restraint system so that it is adjustable other than up and down

Wind Noise
By cstrummer

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have 38,000+ on my Honda Fit. Base Model. The stereo sucks. Upgrade to get tweeters, a better system. Lot of wind noise. Gets a bit much at times. Driving is fun for manual transmission. Good gas mileage. Lot of space in the car to haul your junk

Not one does econobox better
By 204meca

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I'm bias, this is the 8th Honda I have owned. While not as fun as the Del Sol or as economical as the late 80s models, it does everything well. It hauls almost as much as our 2010 Outback, using 1/3rd less gas. Consistently gets 37-38 mpg in mixed driving, tops 40 with consistent driving under 70 mph. The Fit is just plain easy & fun to drive. I opted for the Base to for the better gas mileage & ride. Outfitted with better tires & aftermarket rear sway it never lost its composure driven as when driven as hard as possible in performance driving school. My only complaints are road noise & the fact that my thighs get a little sore after 90 minutes behind the wheel - not good for distances

Favorite Features

Flexible space / utility, fuel mileage, fun factor. Even the Base model is well equipped. Reliablity - no problems with 11,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise - I think they improved that in 2012. Standard center armrest storage - I had to get an after market one

Reliability issues
By autonix

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Less than 3 years old and have already had to have valves adjusted and the heater blower motor replaced! Definitely reliability issues.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, until the valves go out of adjustment. Literally half the gas mileage at that point. Love the way it parks anywhere!

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder under the console? Pretty much unusable except for coin holders.