2011 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Things I wish I had Known ..
By thankfulgal2 on 09/24/13 06:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've been a Honda owner since 1985. I've had 5 Hondas in that time. I bought the Fit based on past experience with Hondas. But there are things I wish I'd known. Like how the blower motor for the heater/AC is too high an ampage and blows resistors (and isn't covered under any warranty), and how the fog lights on the sport model can be easily cracked by road debris and allow water in (requiring a replacement at $361 each to pass inspection), and the tires are an odd size that they cost a fortune to buy (that's if you can find them). There are some obvious design flaws that need to be addressed.

Reliability issues
By autonix on 07/23/13 06:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Less than 3 years old and have already had to have valves adjusted and the heater blower motor replaced! Definitely reliability issues.

Not one does econobox better
By 204meca on 07/22/12 23:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I'm bias, this is the 8th Honda I have owned. While not as fun as the Del Sol or as economical as the late 80s models, it does everything well. It hauls almost as much as our 2010 Outback, using 1/3rd less gas. Consistently gets 37-38 mpg in mixed driving, tops 40 with consistent driving under 70 mph. The Fit is just plain easy & fun to drive. I opted for the Base to for the better gas mileage & ride. Outfitted with better tires & aftermarket rear sway it never lost its composure driven as when driven as hard as possible in performance driving school. My only complaints are road noise & the fact that my thighs get a little sore after 90 minutes behind the wheel - not good for distances

Tires burst easily on tiny tires
By bbillyo on 04/12/12 15:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

2 blowouts in a few months. $170 a pop. Get a better car.

Fit to Impress
By arbolero on 01/20/12 17:48 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only used half a tank, but I am eager to share my first impression of the car. I'll start with the bad. Sport, implying some relativity to a sports car, is not an accurate description. Yes, it's nimble, eagerly reving, and fun to drive, but it lacks proper acceleration, maneuverability, or pedigree to be a member of this class. The Fit's enormously practical design would make it the odd-car-out if it shared some tile in the showroom of sport thoroughbreds. But I didn't need another car with senseless horsepower and "member" compensating qualities. This time, I was in the market for sensible. Plus, Honda was wise enough to forego a Sport badge on the rear gate, so, we can let it be

the Fit is It
By dan_patterson on 10/23/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 Fit, base automatic, for commuter duty. I wanted Honda quality in a practical, non-flashy, and inexpensive package, and the Fit is exactly that. I could wish for more comfortable seats, a couple more inches of footroom, and a center console, but the list of standard features is quite long already. I like the fact that it's tall enough that I don't bang my head on the door frame when getting in and out. It can hold a lot of stuff and is still small enough to be easy to park. Certainly it doesn't have a lot of power and it doesn't have unusually good handling- but it is unsurpassed at collecting groceries. 9k miles so far and no problems.

Honda does not Fit
By dillpickle1 on 09/07/11 09:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I followed Edmunds and Consumer Reports great ratings and bought a Honda Fit. BIG MISTAKE!! Worst Honda ever and would not buy again. 4 safety recalls and counting. Very harsh ride and "go-car" handling on interstate....very scary. Poor fit and finish compared to older Honda's. Tires are terrible and should be recalled. Should be Michelins. Bald tires at 25,000 miles but rotated every 7,000!! Body metal is suspect and very thin. Fascia trim falling off car. Transmission shifting poorly timed and paddle shifters are a JOKE. What more can I say....

2011 Honda Fit - excellent for the appropriate mission
By bobg57 on 08/10/11 16:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Love it. Great long distance commuter. Rear seats fold upwards or store in the floor creating enormous amount of space. Air conditioner OK, certainly up to 95 degrees outside temp. I passed through Needles when it was 109, comfortable enough. No electrical problems. Coming up on 10,000 miles with 30% oil life left. Trust the engineers, not your SuperLube down the street. Gas mileage is fantastic, without air conditioning I drove 457 miles on one tank at 42.9 MPG at 65MPH on mountainous roads. More usual fuel average is 35. Don't buy this vehicle as a street racer, why people get this thing with a paddle shifter is beyond me and a total waste of money. Note: I drive by myself 95% of the time.

Hond Fit may not fit you
By jul7 on 07/11/11 14:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After a thorough and time-consuming study, bought the well-mouthed Honda fit. Both the Edmunds and consumer-guide recommend subcompact. months of driving, comes comments. 1: it's city car, not for highways. you can't over pass anyone, the maximum speed I can reach on Rt 90 is 92mph. 2: slow acceleration ( Mine is auto), the 5sp is likely better, so be prepared, it's not CRX or hatch, buy a 5sp unless you have to drive an auto. drive like a Geo Metro in my case. 3: paddle shifter is useless in most cases, the 1st and 2nd gears engagement quickly, that's also make you feel very sluggish. unless you shift into 2nd gear directly. 4 under hood center console ridge touch your knee. beware

What a horrible mistake.
By orangesmoke on 07/07/11 15:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was taken in by the reviews. I test drove it and fell in love. I thought it was the best car out there for me. Then I bought it. The a/c doesn't work, blows hot air. Honda assures me this is normal. After a 6 hour drive I'm sweating and my a/c is putting out 70 degree air. The headlights flicker at night. Honda says this is because the a/c is on and I should shut it off. Sure enough, if I turn the a/c off the lights stop flickering and the temperature of the car goes up to 80. I have a manual. I try to put it in reverse and have to double clutch it. Honda says that all manual transmissions do this. I replaced a 1990 Toyota Camry with this Fit that says otherwise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$121 per month*