2011 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Fit to Impress
By arbolero on 01/20/12 17:48 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only used half a tank, but I am eager to share my first impression of the car. I'll start with the bad. Sport, implying some relativity to a sports car, is not an accurate description. Yes, it's nimble, eagerly reving, and fun to drive, but it lacks proper acceleration, maneuverability, or pedigree to be a member of this class. The Fit's enormously practical design would make it the odd-car-out if it shared some tile in the showroom of sport thoroughbreds. But I didn't need another car with senseless horsepower and "member" compensating qualities. This time, I was in the market for sensible. Plus, Honda was wise enough to forego a Sport badge on the rear gate, so, we can let it be

Great Car but somethings are missing
By mrwilliematt on 06/06/11 15:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a commuter but find that I drive it most of the time now. My other car is a 2008 Tundra. This car gets better MPG than they promissed I have gotten above 40 mpg on a tank of gas with 90% highway driving. I like the cars gokart like handling and the acceleration decent if you really wind it up. Other reviewer have mentioned the noise and it is certainly true that there is plenty but it doesn't bother me to much coming from a full size truck. the car can also be a bit rough on bumps when encountering potholes but I think that is the rpice of the excellent hadling. I am 6'3" and 300 lbs but have no trouble with interior room.

Simply the best small car!
By 3rdhonda on 05/26/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After previously owning a new Civic for 9 years and then selling it to get a 2011 Fit, I have to say this car is wonderful, just fantastic in every way. I could not be happier with a car. It is functional, reliable, fun to drive, and best of all has exceedingly great mileage. I don't know what planet the epa was testing the fit on but here on earth, my car gets 44 highway (at 65 mph) and averages around 39 combined/city/highway even with the a/c on. This is after about 7500 miles. Initially the first few thousand miles the mileage is not as good but still much better than the epa quotes. I love this car, just love it!!!!!

Fit is still the best B-segment car (but for how long)
By mhadden1 on 05/05/11 08:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is a blast to drive, has respectable mpgs (above EPA estimates), and has more space than anyone could guess from the outside. Although the materials in the cabin are decent, it won't take you long to see they are relatively cheap. You'll also notice the "small" things that you may be use to are not present (heated mirrors, adjustable intermittent wipers). Small gripes, but noticeable. The manual trans shifts smoothly, but a 6th gear is needed to bring the rpms at 60mph below 3k. The Fit is still nice, but other cars are catching up to it (material quality and options, not to mention lower priced). The question is whether or not they will match Honda's long-term reliability...

Lifelong Honda fan
By aerozeppelinn on 04/16/11 05:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 civic vp, regrettably traded that in for a family sized wagon, and now just got a 2011 fit for myself. I've only had it about 800 miles, but absolutely love it.

Great car! I hope you got the manual
By sdcole on 02/25/11 12:04 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

To begin my review, i am a "car guy" having owned a slew of german and high-end vehicles. I actually traded a 2003 BMW 530i for my Sport Fit! after driving the automatic, i was to say the least unimpressed in the drivetrain, but before leaving with my tail tucked, i decided to try the 5speed!! what a glorious decision!!! I now lovingly refer to it as my economy 911 now and have named her "Hisser"! I went on a 600 mile road trip the day i picked her up and with 4 male adults, and all of our luggage, i was astonished at the roominess of a "small car" and the average 32 MPG at 4000ft altitude. All around great value, and dodges the "economy car" title with style and fun factor!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Fit in VA is:

$107 per month*