2010 Honda Fit Consumer Review: High value for the price. Per

2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

High value for the price. Perfect for our needs.
By ograywolf on

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We wanted a roomy, high quality, low cost vehicle, and this is exactly what Honda delivered.
I've owned a muscle car, a Vette and the VTEC, and I have to put this little guy up there with them for performance and handling, especially when passing.
I did a cross-country trip in it, and actually slept two nights in it at rest stops.
It's a small car...likely not as comfortable as our 1996 Explorer...but 14 hour days on the road worked...and the mileage clocked in at 35mpg.
Like any Honda, I expect to drive this one for 800,000...and then bequeath it to my heirs in 20 years.

Headroom and cargo space. I especially appreciate the computer assist with braking (it downshifts) when braking on a hill, and also when going downhill in Cruise Control.

The headrests lean way too far forward in this car. I actually took mine off, took them into the workshop and banged on them with a BIG hammer to straighten the legs out. Now they work fine:). The floor over the spare tire compartment should be beefed up. A little redesign of the armrest situation would be nice too. On long trips, I prop my left elbow with a small pillow.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review