WOW! What a great car!
By mark_p on
2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I purchased my fit in Feb. 2011, in the dead of winter here in VT. I used to drive a Chevy Colorado, and thought that I might be making a huge mistake downsizing to a petite FWD scooter, such as this. Boy, was I wrong! I tried to purchase every other make of similar car, and every time I came back to the Fit. In fact, I had a cashier's check in my pocket to purchase a Volvo C-30, and I've never regretted the decision to buy the Fit. Of course, I have never had a problem with the Fit. Acceleration and handling are good. I didn't expect a Ferrari, & I am happy with the Fit's perky attitude.
Favorite Features
I've put 14,000 miles on it since purchasing, and mileage consistently averages 34-38 mpg. Pretty good, considering the Vermont hills. Traction is excellent in Vemont snow, even with OEM tires. Interior space is voluminous, and the ability to re-configure the Magic back seats has proven to be a wonderful asset. I have even re-named my Fit my Fit-truck. I easily fit a full-sized upholstered chair and ottoman in the back, and shut the gate! I love the seat size, ease of finding and selecting heat and audio controls. Paddle shift feature, even in the "D" position is a good brake saver, and locking it into 5th in the "M" position while driving on the highway works very well.
Suggested Improvements
Only wish my Fit had variable intermittent wipers and outside temperature indicator. I also wish I didn't have to remember to unlock the rest of the doors on the car when I stopped, put in park and shut off the engine. My wife's 2009 CR-V doesn't do that, and it is a real pleasure!