2010 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Fantastic Commuter Car

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Review

Fantastic Commuter Car
By jeffdawgfan on

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in 2008 Altima Coupe SE. I commute 120 miles/day so wanted something with better mileage. My commute is combo 50% rolling hills, 25% steep mountain, 25% city. Engine/Transmission: I have the 5 spd auto. The engine will not win any drag races but is peppy and gets the job done. Very well mated with the 5 spd auto trans. The paddle shifters are useful when driving mountains or passing. Design and style are very pleasing. Paint and fitings are quality, even if many are plastic. Comfort on a 60 mile leg of commute is average. I am 6'2", 235 lbs and have plenty of room. 2" of spare head room. Gas mileage at 800 miles. 38 mpg on average commute. Audio....Average.

Dash and Console laid out very well except silly small cup holder placements. Will not take big cups. Love the headromm and versatility of cabin. Major selling feature to me was the storage versatility. Open Airey feeling. Great Visibility.

The corners of dash/console that contact legs have sharp angles that hurt after a while of contact More lumbar support in front seats Bigger cup holders A little wider tires than 185/55 Lose the dirt magnet upholstry. At least use a lighter color. Moon Roff Option