2010 Honda Fit 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best buy in this price

2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Best buy in this price range
By seetheoceanblue on

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Fit, loved them both - I've noticed a considerable improvement in mileage over my 2008 Fit. After 1600 miles I'm averaging 32 mpg in mixed driving and the mpg is still increasing. I attribute part of this to paying some attention to that annoying but useful mpg bar display in the center driver's console. You WILL get better mileage with a Civic or Corolla sedan, but you won't be able to haul washing machines, large dressers, and find other amazing uses as with the Fit. Great for a single like me with no friends with pick-up trucks or SUVs. It's the best compromise between utility and economy in available US cars today, period.

Favorite Features

Mpg, exterior design, tight handling, excellent stereo for economy car, outstanding visibility, incredible cargo capacity, easy to park and navigate tight urban spaces (e.g., Boston).

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the less chincy looking interior, add the front leg room back, and put back the hooks for the right kind of all-season mats (all perfect in the 2008 model); provide an option for a tan interior color and fabric that doesn't show every dust speck