Used 2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Great big little car
By UofAalum

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a 2008 Altima 6-speed manual for the 5-speed manual base Fit (which was hard to find, but I only buy manuals). Amazing interior room for the exterior size. Great ride and handling. While it wouldn't win a drag race with the Altima, it is just as much fun to drive. Test drove the Sport with the paddle shifters, but the manual is much more responsive -- sure, there's some engine noise when you get up into the power range (>4K RPM), but it's smooth as silk at all RPM and if you keep it in its power range it's very responsive. Getting 31 mpg in town and up to 40 on the road at speeds of 60- 70. Above 70 mph the MPG drops fast as RPM go well above 3K. Great car!

Slick manual transmission that, when used correctly, makes it a fine performer. Great interior room and very supportive seats. Great ride for a car of this size. Nice dash and controls. Exterior looks are good to me, but fairly radical and may not suit everyone. Fun to drive factor is a 10.

Needs a 6-speed manual for freeway cruising at lower RPM. Lack of standard keyless entry on base model. Power lock control is only available at the drivers seat. Huge A-pillar blocks view on sharp left curves on mountain roads.

Far Better Than I Expected
By NewFitDriver

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Fit because I was looking for a good commuting car (suburban & highway) that was good on gas. I considered hybrids but went with the Fit based on purchase price, features and MPG. The car is rated for something like 31 MPG, but I routinely get 36 highway and 37 - 38 suburban. Checked at fill-up, I'm getting about 37 on average. If I watch the MPG gauge, I can average about 40 on back roads without the A/C and 39 with. Some reviewers criticize the performance, especially acceleration. I find it good with the 5-speed manual. Not a race car, certainly, but not bad. Electric power steering is sensitive and takes getting used to.

MPG & MPG Gauge USB Audio System Good front-seat visibility "Magic Seat" rear seat Fun to Drive

Cup holders and storage lacking (only one real cup holder with anything plugged in to 12v power) Only one 12V power outlet, should have 2 Electric power steering is very sensitive.

I'd Buy This Car Again
By ppla54321

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Fit for 6 months, and have really enjoyed driving it and have had no problems with it. I do a combination of city/highway driving and average 36- 37 mpg overall. I have the Sport package which overall has a great look and is fun to drive. I did purchase floor mats, body side moldings, and window tint after market (see below re:improvements). As others have stated, the upholstery attracts fuzz, so I carry a lint roller in the car.

Ridiculous amount and flexibility of the cargo space, Ipod dock and sound system, super easy to park

Change fabric to something that is not a dirt/fuzz magnet,add armrest on front passenger side, add standard body side moldings (to prevent door dings), add standard window tint and floor mats

More fun than a barrel of monkeys
By Izzy Cohen

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Two weeks of ownership, and it's a delight. Paid 18,455, and dealer threw in floor mats. Just returned from a 400 mile weekend in the Catskill Mts. , a test run, and it was flawless. Gas usage estimator said I got 32.5.mpg but my own before and after fill up calculations came to 34.8. That's with lots of mountainous and hilly driving.

I love the storage, use of space, the auxiliary socket. I can play my music files from a flash drive in the usb socket. also I have a non-apple mp3 player which wont work with the provided usb socket. But it will work with a cable to the AUX socket. The paddles are very good in mountainous driving

Car has not enough road clearance, and you have to be careful not to bottom out in rough terrain. Sun visors are too narrow to effectively protect you from afternoon sun, so I devised an extender which I attach with clamps to the visor, and that does the trick.

Great purchasing experience
By Bob Simonds

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

As for the Honda Fit now that I have it; it's great I travel about 160 miles a day and have filed up twice since picking up my car; I am averaging 33.7 MPG. The Fit is fun to drive and I expect having the car for a long time.

gas mileage, fun factor, Honda reputation

better stereo, or more stereo options. I plan to put an after-market stereo in.