Used 2010 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

2010 Honda Fit Sport
By srb

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2010 Fit Sport with automatic. Very reliable auto. Great gas mileage (37 MPG). Acceleration not very good but not terrible. Engine tries hard but it is only a 117 HP auto. Holds the road well at 75 MPH. Driver's seat needs more support for comfort. Interior very good and I like the way the back seats fold completely flat.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Bigger, less noisy engine. Better front seats.

Love my Fit
By Len

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had my Fit for a week, but on a mix of driving it is getting 37.4 mpg according to the instruments. Tomorrow I will fill it up for the first time and calculate the mpg. My wife has a Fit and over the past two months it has proven to be a fine little vehicle. The Honda attention to detail is really nice, I could not find an assembly flaw. The electric power steering will take some getting use to, but I enjoy driving the car. The Honda dealer was a joy after many bad car dealers I have experienced. The instruments say it is getting 50 mpg at 50 mph and 40 mpg at 60 mph. Really amazing and much better than I would have expected before seeing how my wife's was.

Favorite Features

Miles per gallon! Flawless assembly. Smooth running engine. Low insurance rates.

Suggested Improvements

Satellite radio option without navigation package.

Workhorse
By Porter

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just wanted to say that my Honda fit has been amazing. I use it for delivering pizza at night. I'm currently getting 33 MPG in all in town deliveries. with great performance with a very quick automatic 6 spd trans. Just remember not to load this car down MPG is killed with any extra weight.

Favorite Features

6 cup holders and lots of room for such a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Weight is the killer on this car. I put 1 ice chest and 1 passenger and mpg went way down. I think Honda could offer an "ECO" Fit. No ac. No sound system. back seat deletion. 1 wiper in front. back wiper deletion etc. May get 40 mpg in town with more power & performance even with an automatic.

My Analysis
By The Dork

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Alright, I think this car is great. More specifically a car that is made for me. If you're a new driver this has the proper features to teach you good driving like a lower hp so you aren't getting reckless and learning how to accelerate and decelerate properly. I've never learned stick so I got the sport auto which is really cool. I can learn how to handle the gears and rpm to practice smooth driving. So I would def suggest sport auto too against manual. Not an expert driver but the feel it has when driving is nice. The xtra features with sport is def worth the cost. The road noise kinda loud but you can hear your engine and hear the revs. Again, I think sport auto is a great learner car.

Favorite Features

small car comes in handy, paddle shifters r great for those who don't know manual but want to learn one day, driving is fun every time, space is great, speakers nice(bass nice), mass cup holders, mpg pretty good, fog lights look cool, spoiler and underbody kit looks cool too

Suggested Improvements

the bulbous shape of the car is not the most attractive, but the sport model still looks pretty awesome. vision could use a little work on the driver's side rear view but it not bad. it is tough to get higher mph. it can go up to say 90 but you might cringe a little. but 0-60 really not bad

Best buy in this price range
By seetheoceanblue

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Fit, loved them both - I've noticed a considerable improvement in mileage over my 2008 Fit. After 1600 miles I'm averaging 32 mpg in mixed driving and the mpg is still increasing. I attribute part of this to paying some attention to that annoying but useful mpg bar display in the center driver's console. You WILL get better mileage with a Civic or Corolla sedan, but you won't be able to haul washing machines, large dressers, and find other amazing uses as with the Fit. Great for a single like me with no friends with pick-up trucks or SUVs. It's the best compromise between utility and economy in available US cars today, period.

Favorite Features

Mpg, exterior design, tight handling, excellent stereo for economy car, outstanding visibility, incredible cargo capacity, easy to park and navigate tight urban spaces (e.g., Boston).

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the less chincy looking interior, add the front leg room back, and put back the hooks for the right kind of all-season mats (all perfect in the 2008 model); provide an option for a tan interior color and fabric that doesn't show every dust speck