2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Hated my fit
By tquigsmay on 05/06/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a fit, took it back less than 48 hrs later w/ a backache. Can't adjust seat cushion up or down because gas tank is under the driver's seat (how can that be safe?). I felt like I was sitting in a high chair in a fish bowl. There is so much untinted Glass it's like you're on display. The cheap black interior showed every speck of dust immediately. The paddle shifter are totally useless and get in the way of resting your hands while you drive. W/ no center console or arm rests (pay extra on sport model only), where is someone supposed to put their arms? The passenger has no options. The tiny visors do nothing shade sun from the gigantic family van style windshield.

Incredible little car!
By Don Groves on 05/04/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it today, but I am so pleased with it. The flexibility of the interior design is incredible. All cars like this should have a magic seat! Great car for someone with a dog. Nice and peppy for a little engine even with the automatic. Excellent sound system that integrates with my ipod. Good bye to satellite radio. Excellent dealer experience.

Complete Wreck
By David Caines on 04/28/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Hi all, For anyone considering buying a Honda FIT, I must warn you to expect zero support from Honda should anything go wrong. We were driving home from NY City sunday in heavy traffic and the clutch plate disinterated without any warning. I managed to get the car off the highway without blowing the eninge, only to find out that Honda Inc. finds this near death experience perfectly acceptable and dosen't cover the clutch plate under warranty under any circumstances. Saddly this ends a twenty five year habit of buying Hondas and of course we will never buy a Honda again. So, FIT owners consider a trade in at your earliest opportunity. Believe me we are,

Awesome Car and Dealership
By Pamela J Beckett on 04/27/10 14:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The car is fun to drive. It hugs the road very well. No inside noise at all. The navigation system works great. Only negative comment is that the cup holders by the hand break are in a bad place hard to get the coffee cup in and out. Love the car. Getting 37+ miles a gallon on the highway. Very safe car for my daughter to drive. Lots of room in the back seat for two passengers. You are getting a lot for your money. Buy Honda.

For the right Fit, Go for the Sport
By cmj912 on 04/23/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

If I could do it all over again, and I may, I'd probably go for the Sport model. Features like the keyless entry (which I bought afterward and got installed) the USB iPod interface, and the nicer upholstery are things I regret not having. Drivingwise, it is a competent city car with great mileage, the interior is handy and flexible, and it is extremely nimble with light handling and it is easy to park. On the highway, though, be forewarned that the engine is quite weak with the automatic and the engine loud and thrashes under load - but pushing it doesn't make it go any faster. That said, it'll be cheap to own and is reliable. But if you want cheap and reliable AND fun, go for the Sport.

Big car in a small package
By clonebaby1956 on 04/22/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most amazing car I have ever seen, I bought it for my son as a University graduation present, and feel very confident that it is a good and safe choice. The car is solid, has "head turning" looks, a cool package overall. We love the space, and it drives like a much larger car, very stable on the road. Great brakes with no fade, great visibility and very comfortable seats, and good leg, and head room. The engine has good pick-up from a stopped position, and has all the vital maintenance points at easy reach and well labeled. "You will not be sorry for getting one of these!"

So happy in my Fit
By Soleil575 on 04/13/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Fit for about a week, and I have to say that I love it. It's a lot of fun to drive and unlike other cars that I test-drove, the Fit has excellent visibility. It feels solid and secure on the road - I'd swear I'm driving a much bigger car. One of the biggest draws for me was the flexibility in space that the car offers - those magic seats are fantastic! I'm very happy with my purchase, and I'd recommend it to others. In fact, my partner is thinking of trading his 2000 Accord for a Fit.

Fantastic commuter
By jtrain609 on 04/02/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

In finding a new car to replace my wife's ailing Mercury Sable, we had a unique problem; I'm 5'9" and she's 5'0", so finding a car that we could both fit into comfortably has been challenging. With that, the Honda Fit was one of the few cars both of us could find a comfortable driving position in. So beyond a fantastically designed interior, this car has been a fantastic commuter for me. I drive 80 miles a day round trip on expressways in Michigan, and have managed to get 38 mpg while driving 70 mph. With that, I was worried that the Fit would be twitchy at high speed with such a short wheelbase and quick steering, but it's been an absolute joy on the expressway.

Bought for Teen
By BoughtforSon on 04/02/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought base model with auto trans for $200 over invoice in Dec 2009. This is excellent safe commuter for a teen. It has fantastic interior flexibility - can carry 7' long electric keyboard in case w/ a BIG amp and 3 people! Dash layout kinda weird but for teens - who cares?! Not too slow or too fast to be unsafe. Handles and rides well, excellent visibility, not too much road noise for a Honda, parks easy. MPG with 3k miles so far is 29.5 combined. He does mostly short drives in city.

Buyer's remorse
By pnarus on 03/20/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked the car up a few hours ago. The voice activation for the navigation doesn't work and there is a rattling in the front console. Will give the service dept a chance to prove itself. Don't like that I cannot push a button to lift the hatch up have to do it manually. Is a bit difficult to get out of car and I am small

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Fit in VA is:

$112 per month*