Used 2010 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Dissappointed in Fit
By townie

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a Fit but was so disappointed I sold it. The small 1.5 liter engine had to work really hard, downshifting even on moderate grades, to get around. The gearing on the automatic is really tight on the first three gears giving it a jerky off the line start with lots of quick shifts. The car is tall and lightweight. Going around curves at speed like a freeway on-ramp I felt a slight “roll” in the car which made me uncomfortable. The finish inside the car felt cheap. There’s no doubt this is a low end econo-box from Honda. The finish of their Civic and CR-V is much better. It would probably make a good car for a freeway commuter. I’m more of an in-town driver.

very cute

1.8 or 2.0 liter engine spread out the first 3 gears

What we expected
By Jean

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Needed a car for the 5 mile commute to work each day. Replaced a 2001 Accord LX. Husband has 2010 Accord so wanted something different with good mileage and the ability to occasionally haul stuff. Researched the car and it what we expected. Fun to drive and gets the mileage we want. Even a couple of 4-5 hour road trips have been enjoyable.

Real Mileage indicator, cargo room, actual mileage in city and highway.

Floor mats should not be an option. Also purchased NAV unit to get VSA. Understand this may not be linked in 2011 models. Good.

Love it so far!
By repancjc

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Held off purchase to drive a Fiesta, which left me disappointed after the glowing reviews. I liked the Fit better. A piece of Fiesta trim fell off during my test drive which didn't help my uneasiness of long- term "mexico-built" reliability. I've had good luck with Honda reliability and resale. It's a fun little car, especially with the paddle shifters. Steering is tight and precise. I do mostly in-town driving and it zips around. I love the revvy engine sounds. Carried two of those extra large Costco coolers for a BBQ. People were amazed that my "little" car brought them. Utility really sealed the deal cause I do use the back quite a bit. After 3 months not a single issue. Thumbs up FIT!

The looks of the Sport package. Full wheels, not hubcaps. USB audio works great. Love the feel of leather wrapped steering wheel. MPG is great! Magic Seats are the class leader, by far. Everyone is surprised by how roomy the car is. Build quality is what you can expect from Honda.

Bought Honda center armrest and it's perfect but should be standard. Built in bluetooth needed. Purchased floor mats, though included for '11 I hear. Don't need the cargo cover, but I guess that would be nice to include. Seats do attract our dog's hair. Really, no surprises with good test drive.

Great city and highway car
By Senthil

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking for a car for my wife. Her must haves were small car, good mileage, looks good and a good price. We spent a few weeks researching the used car market and the other cars in the same category. Honda Fit Sport came out head and shoulders above the rest. It has great visibility (my wife being only 5.1 loves this), great looks, comes loaded everything we want in the Sport model and gives fantastic mileage (32 city and 36 highway). I was surprised by how well it performs on the highway. I was expecting trouble merging and was thinking its not going to be very comfortable, but I was wrong. I also got a get price ($300 below invoice) by getting a quote from Edmunds.com.

Great visibility, great form factor, quality build, excellent mileage, lots of cargo room.

Floor mats need to be purchased separately (come on Honda), driver seat arm rest is not very comfortable.

Nice overall, but could use some fixes
By brian3339

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Fit Sport automatic for a commuter car. It is fun to drive, though I've been a bit disappointed with the gas mileage. I'm averaging 29, but at least half of it is highway driving. Pros: Fun to drive Decent "pep" Good handling Fit/finish excellent Small size allows you to park just about anywhere Cons: Underpowered AC - car is a mini solar oven with all the glass and black interior. AC has to stay cranked to cool the car. Poor cup holder placement - ones between gear shift and dash useless. Ones in front of vents need closed in order to keep coffee warm while AC is on. No drivers lumbar adjustment Flimsy trunk panel covering spare - can't hold much weight.

Oil life gauge Styling Audio system Rear seat configurations