Used 2010 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Small outside, Large inside
By dutch

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Needed a small versatile car with good fuel economy. Considered Prius but could not justify additional cost given low annual mileage. Also wanted car with large doors and easy to get in and out. Looked at Ford fiesta. But build quality and costs drove decision to Honda fit. Toyota Yaris cute but no 5 door. So far really happy with the fit.

Configuration of engine forward makes car seem much larger than it is.

Four wheel disks and alloy wheels standard on base model.

Fit Fits Me
By morjoie

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is adorable and I love the roomy inside. The magic seat configurations are ingenious. I love the huge panoramic windshield. Although some have complained about the seats, it seems to work for my 5'2" frame. So far, no problems accelerating or braking. MPG is all that was advertised, as I get 36-37 mpg with a mix of mostly highway and some city driving. Shifting with the 5 speed manual transmission is surprisingly smooth, although the clutch could be firmer. I wish VSA, steering wheel controls and bluetooth were available without Nav. I didn't like having to pay extra for a cargo cover. Also, 10 cup holders seems excessive and their placement is not helpful.

Front windshield, magic seats, smooth shifting, color, storage options, gas mileage, car stereo USB and aux jack, remote keyless entry, radio anti-theft feature, fog lights, overall "cuteness" factor

More info on car computer needed, make heated seats and outside mirrors available, more powerful air conditioner due to huge windshield, better cup holder placement, lock and more room for glove box, car stereo control from steering wheel without Nav

Hurts to drive
By Mamabear

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We bought my '10 Fit in Dec 2009 and after having it for less than a year I regret this decision. While it does get phenomenal gas mileage (36 mpg avg) it has become very uncomfortable to drive. I bought a flat, memory foam pillow to add comfort for my back but this has only made the neck pain worse because of lack of support. When I don't use the cushion for my back, my neck is pushed forward at an odd and very uncomfortable angle. Another issue I have with the car are the useless sun visors. Why bother! While the car is cheap to own, I do regret buying because now I'm stuck with it :(

Easy to maintain, inexpensive to own, fun to drive

Adjustable steering wheel, height adjustable driver's seat, comfortable seating, higher end cloth interior in gray and black, ditch the side window pillars, they create a blind spot

Dissappointed in Fit
By townie

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a Fit but was so disappointed I sold it. The small 1.5 liter engine had to work really hard, downshifting even on moderate grades, to get around. The gearing on the automatic is really tight on the first three gears giving it a jerky off the line start with lots of quick shifts. The car is tall and lightweight. Going around curves at speed like a freeway on-ramp I felt a slight “roll” in the car which made me uncomfortable. The finish inside the car felt cheap. There’s no doubt this is a low end econo-box from Honda. The finish of their Civic and CR-V is much better. It would probably make a good car for a freeway commuter. I’m more of an in-town driver.

very cute

1.8 or 2.0 liter engine spread out the first 3 gears

What we expected
By Jean

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Needed a car for the 5 mile commute to work each day. Replaced a 2001 Accord LX. Husband has 2010 Accord so wanted something different with good mileage and the ability to occasionally haul stuff. Researched the car and it what we expected. Fun to drive and gets the mileage we want. Even a couple of 4-5 hour road trips have been enjoyable.

Real Mileage indicator, cargo room, actual mileage in city and highway.

Floor mats should not be an option. Also purchased NAV unit to get VSA. Understand this may not be linked in 2011 models. Good.