2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
I'd Buy This Car Again
By ppla54321 on 08/11/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Fit for 6 months, and have really enjoyed driving it and have had no problems with it. I do a combination of city/highway driving and average 36- 37 mpg overall. I have the Sport package which overall has a great look and is fun to drive. I did purchase floor mats, body side moldings, and window tint after market (see below re:improvements). As others have stated, the upholstery attracts fuzz, so I carry a lint roller in the car.

More fun than a barrel of monkeys
By Izzy Cohen on 08/07/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Two weeks of ownership, and it's a delight. Paid 18,455, and dealer threw in floor mats. Just returned from a 400 mile weekend in the Catskill Mts. , a test run, and it was flawless. Gas usage estimator said I got 32.5.mpg but my own before and after fill up calculations came to 34.8. That's with lots of mountainous and hilly driving.

Great purchasing experience
By Bob Simonds on 08/06/10 09:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

As for the Honda Fit now that I have it; it's great I travel about 160 miles a day and have filed up twice since picking up my car; I am averaging 33.7 MPG. The Fit is fun to drive and I expect having the car for a long time.

Good commuter car
By Chipperdog on 08/05/10 08:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for its style and fuel economy. It has not disappointed. Great all around car with excellent fuel economy. My commute is rural highway driving with stops and starts. I have never gotten worse than 36 MPG even with the air on. My best is 38.8 MPG.

I <3 my Fit
By Lit Teacher on 08/02/10 11:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

For the price of this car, you can't find a better deal. We looked at Mazda 3 and Toyota Yaris when shopping, and the Honda Fit offered more for less, including the priceless reputation of reliability associated with Hondas. I was looking for an economical 4-door hatchback with plenty of room for me and my 3-yr-old, and the Fit fits the bill! Tons of interior space and between 28 and 35 mpg for me so far (no road trips yet). Also, I found the driver seat/positioning to be quite comfortable after simply adjusting the telescopic/tilt steering wheel - this coming from a female with chronic lower back pain.

Poor Mpg
By Joan on 07/30/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I cannot get more than 24-25 mpg no matter how I drive. This is frustrating. Otherwise love the way it drives, especially holds the road. I appreciate the lumbar support on driver's seat.

The Gold Standard of Subcompacts
By Accordguy0325 on 07/27/10 21:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Having downsized from an Accord to a 2010 Fit Sport automatic and I wasn't sure what to expect at first. After a short time, I am pleasantly surprised by this car and amazed at how much room there is on the inside considering how small it is on the outside. The interior is very well put together with numerous storage areas and thoughtful touches. I find my Fit sport to be pretty comfortable for such a small car, with plenty of leg room and head room. The seats themselves are very supportive and well bolstered and the interior is versatile. The ride and handling is sporty while being comfortable overall. Power is good for the size of the Fit, and mpg is excellent! You can't go wrong !

Good cheap car
By dhjohnso on 07/19/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a reliable 2nd car for low cost. I was willing to sacrifice "luxury" for lower cost. The FIT fills the bill.

Never Honda again
By no_honda_eve2 on 07/11/10 22:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After I bought this car I found numerous customer reviews reporting uncomfortable head restraints and seats. I cannot drive my brand new Honda Fit for more than 15 minutes without feeling pain in the neck and back. Head restraints push too much forward and hurt your neck and it seems to be a problem for many of Honda models for 2009 and later.

The Cheapest BMW
By Beachmatt on 07/06/10 18:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car after an accident totaled my 2000 VW passat. The passat was smooth, powerful and handled well. It was very comfortable, but got lousy mileage on premium, and turned out to be very expensive to own. My 60,000 service cost over $800. My new little car is a BMW in disguise! It handles so well, and is actually quite sporty, even with the extremely small engine and automatic. It has shift paddles like a Ferrari, and when you get used to it, and use the transmission well, it keeps up with anything driving in legal range. Plus, the faster I drive, the better the mpg. I get about 29 in the city, over 35 on the highway at 75.2 yr costs have been only $280. Oil change every 10k!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Fit in VA is:

$112 per month*