2010 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Excellent Small Car
By James on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I selected the 5-speed manual as the automatic stole too much power from the engine. The manual offers surprising performance, smooth acceleration, and is averaging a 28-30 MPG around town. Very fun to drive and has good handling for small car. It can be loud at highway speeds due to road noise and high engine RPM. No problems with front seat comfort as others mention I am 6'2". The rear magic seat is amazing. With everything folded down, the fit will swallow an unbelievable amount of cargo, surpassing many small SUVs. Audio system is excellent. Interior design is simple and functional, but does not feel cheap. No other small car can provide so much value and versatility.

Great little car
By Chuck Rule on 09/02/10 05:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

A long time Honda owner, I just traded a Ridgeline, and I couldn't be happier. I put a lot of miles on my cars so I needed better fuel mileage. This car gets better than advertised. First tank 40 mpg (1/2 city/hwy). I used the a/c a lot on my second tank and got 37. I drive with a light foot, keep it in sport mode and shift up often, can't help to think what this car's mileage and performance could be w/ a DSG . This car is screwed together well. very tight with no squeaks or rattles. Stereo is nice quality and I got a few things that the Ridgeline didn't offer in 2008, like telescoping steering wheel, fog lights, and daytime running lights. For the price this Honda has a winner here.

Fit reality check
By fitness on 09/01/10 17:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Fit is perfect for city and occasional short trip on the highway. With only 185/55/16 tires and narrow stance it easily gets blown around at highway speeds, the 1.5 liter motor works really hard and noisy just to get up 65 mph highway speeds. It does not like going 75 mph. My sport model lacks a lot of amenities. No floor mats, no door sill protectors, no cargo cover, cheap interior materials, lacks quality materials compared to the civics. Honda really skimp on this bare and basic model car. For the same price, I could have gotten the civic lx 4 door. I really think this sport model with automatic should have an msrp of around 15,000 tops and sold for maybe around 13,000 or so easily

2010 Honda Fit Sport
By srb on 08/26/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2010 Fit Sport with automatic. Very reliable auto. Great gas mileage (37 MPG). Acceleration not very good but not terrible. Engine tries hard but it is only a 117 HP auto. Holds the road well at 75 MPH. Driver's seat needs more support for comfort. Interior very good and I like the way the back seats fold completely flat.

Love my Fit
By Len on 08/26/10 05:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had my Fit for a week, but on a mix of driving it is getting 37.4 mpg according to the instruments. Tomorrow I will fill it up for the first time and calculate the mpg. My wife has a Fit and over the past two months it has proven to be a fine little vehicle. The Honda attention to detail is really nice, I could not find an assembly flaw. The electric power steering will take some getting use to, but I enjoy driving the car. The Honda dealer was a joy after many bad car dealers I have experienced. The instruments say it is getting 50 mpg at 50 mph and 40 mpg at 60 mph. Really amazing and much better than I would have expected before seeing how my wife's was.

Workhorse
By Porter on 08/23/10 02:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just wanted to say that my Honda fit has been amazing. I use it for delivering pizza at night. I'm currently getting 33 MPG in all in town deliveries. with great performance with a very quick automatic 6 spd trans. Just remember not to load this car down MPG is killed with any extra weight.

My Analysis
By The Dork on 08/18/10 21:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Alright, I think this car is great. More specifically a car that is made for me. If you're a new driver this has the proper features to teach you good driving like a lower hp so you aren't getting reckless and learning how to accelerate and decelerate properly. I've never learned stick so I got the sport auto which is really cool. I can learn how to handle the gears and rpm to practice smooth driving. So I would def suggest sport auto too against manual. Not an expert driver but the feel it has when driving is nice. The xtra features with sport is def worth the cost. The road noise kinda loud but you can hear your engine and hear the revs. Again, I think sport auto is a great learner car.

Best buy in this price range
By seetheoceanblue on 08/16/10 12:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Fit, loved them both - I've noticed a considerable improvement in mileage over my 2008 Fit. After 1600 miles I'm averaging 32 mpg in mixed driving and the mpg is still increasing. I attribute part of this to paying some attention to that annoying but useful mpg bar display in the center driver's console. You WILL get better mileage with a Civic or Corolla sedan, but you won't be able to haul washing machines, large dressers, and find other amazing uses as with the Fit. Great for a single like me with no friends with pick-up trucks or SUVs. It's the best compromise between utility and economy in available US cars today, period.

Great big little car
By UofAalum on 08/14/10 05:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a 2008 Altima 6-speed manual for the 5-speed manual base Fit (which was hard to find, but I only buy manuals). Amazing interior room for the exterior size. Great ride and handling. While it wouldn't win a drag race with the Altima, it is just as much fun to drive. Test drove the Sport with the paddle shifters, but the manual is much more responsive -- sure, there's some engine noise when you get up into the power range (>4K RPM), but it's smooth as silk at all RPM and if you keep it in its power range it's very responsive. Getting 31 mpg in town and up to 40 on the road at speeds of 60- 70. Above 70 mph the MPG drops fast as RPM go well above 3K. Great car!

Far Better Than I Expected
By NewFitDriver on 08/13/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Fit because I was looking for a good commuting car (suburban & highway) that was good on gas. I considered hybrids but went with the Fit based on purchase price, features and MPG. The car is rated for something like 31 MPG, but I routinely get 36 highway and 37 - 38 suburban. Checked at fill-up, I'm getting about 37 on average. If I watch the MPG gauge, I can average about 40 on back roads without the A/C and 39 with. Some reviewers criticize the performance, especially acceleration. I find it good with the 5-speed manual. Not a race car, certainly, but not bad. Electric power steering is sensitive and takes getting used to.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$112 per month*