2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
It's a blast!
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the Fit for over three months and 3200 miles. Averaged 38.8 mpg by the computer and my records. It is as much fun as a 60's MG or Triumph. Previous car was a BMW X-3 and this is more fun and I've discovered I don't need the automatic air, fancy stuff and most of all, high cost. I love the car because it is fun and frugal and since mine is 5- speed and Milano Red, everyone breaks their neck looking at it.

A Turd!
By enginagogo on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car straight from the boat-with 6 miles. The 6 months were fine but since, it's been a rattling, oil leaking piece of junk. I have had to take it in to have it looked at for rattling once and have to take it back again. At 60 mph, it rattles and whines. The Fit is the cheapest car in the Honda line-up and it shows. It's cheap. I can't wait to be rid of it.

Fit Fits Me
By morjoie on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is adorable and I love the roomy inside. The magic seat configurations are ingenious. I love the huge panoramic windshield. Although some have complained about the seats, it seems to work for my 5'2" frame. So far, no problems accelerating or braking. MPG is all that was advertised, as I get 36-37 mpg with a mix of mostly highway and some city driving. Shifting with the 5 speed manual transmission is surprisingly smooth, although the clutch could be firmer. I wish VSA, steering wheel controls and bluetooth were available without Nav. I didn't like having to pay extra for a cargo cover. Also, 10 cup holders seems excessive and their placement is not helpful.

Fantastic car for the money
By RJS on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for 2 weeks now. The gas mileage is outstanding, averaging in the low 30s, and I am not having to drive like an old man to achieve it. It begs to be driven lively, and its engine loves to rev. It looks small, but it has tons of space on the inside, and its build quality is so much better than anything else in its price range.

Excellent Small Car
By James on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I selected the 5-speed manual as the automatic stole too much power from the engine. The manual offers surprising performance, smooth acceleration, and is averaging a 28-30 MPG around town. Very fun to drive and has good handling for small car. It can be loud at highway speeds due to road noise and high engine RPM. No problems with front seat comfort as others mention I am 6'2". The rear magic seat is amazing. With everything folded down, the fit will swallow an unbelievable amount of cargo, surpassing many small SUVs. Audio system is excellent. Interior design is simple and functional, but does not feel cheap. No other small car can provide so much value and versatility.

Great big little car
By UofAalum on 08/14/10 05:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a 2008 Altima 6-speed manual for the 5-speed manual base Fit (which was hard to find, but I only buy manuals). Amazing interior room for the exterior size. Great ride and handling. While it wouldn't win a drag race with the Altima, it is just as much fun to drive. Test drove the Sport with the paddle shifters, but the manual is much more responsive -- sure, there's some engine noise when you get up into the power range (>4K RPM), but it's smooth as silk at all RPM and if you keep it in its power range it's very responsive. Getting 31 mpg in town and up to 40 on the road at speeds of 60- 70. Above 70 mph the MPG drops fast as RPM go well above 3K. Great car!

Far Better Than I Expected
By NewFitDriver on 08/13/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Fit because I was looking for a good commuting car (suburban & highway) that was good on gas. I considered hybrids but went with the Fit based on purchase price, features and MPG. The car is rated for something like 31 MPG, but I routinely get 36 highway and 37 - 38 suburban. Checked at fill-up, I'm getting about 37 on average. If I watch the MPG gauge, I can average about 40 on back roads without the A/C and 39 with. Some reviewers criticize the performance, especially acceleration. I find it good with the 5-speed manual. Not a race car, certainly, but not bad. Electric power steering is sensitive and takes getting used to.

Good commuter car
By Chipperdog on 08/05/10 08:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for its style and fuel economy. It has not disappointed. Great all around car with excellent fuel economy. My commute is rural highway driving with stops and starts. I have never gotten worse than 36 MPG even with the air on. My best is 38.8 MPG.

Big car in a small package
By clonebaby1956 on 04/22/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most amazing car I have ever seen, I bought it for my son as a University graduation present, and feel very confident that it is a good and safe choice. The car is solid, has "head turning" looks, a cool package overall. We love the space, and it drives like a much larger car, very stable on the road. Great brakes with no fade, great visibility and very comfortable seats, and good leg, and head room. The engine has good pick-up from a stopped position, and has all the vital maintenance points at easy reach and well labeled. "You will not be sorry for getting one of these!"

Fun little car!
By tiff on 03/15/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, this is a great little car. It handles well, great gas mileage, and is really cute. I for one really like the black interior. It shows dust easily, but hides a multitude of other stains which can occur with 2 dogs and a baby. The seat versatility is awesome. The major negative that I have come across is that the car does not feel very stable when doing high speeds on the highway. It feels like the wind can move it around quite a bit. Also, it came with no floor mats, which seems just ridiculous. Otherwise, though, I love my car. This is only day 3, so maybe it will improve!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Fit in VA is:

$102 per month*