Used 2010 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Okay, but needs improvement (regular guy review)
By cobraboy1

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is a really neat car that does an above average job of being an OKAY car. I purchased my 2010 Sport Auto about 18 months ago and I'm starting to tire of it. Its not that this is a bad car, its not, its just that if you enjoy driving. I would suggest you look elsewhere. It also doesn't really have any frills. This car is never one that you would think is any nicer than a basic car should be. Its not upscale and its not trying to be, but it is very nice the way that it is. In the end I'm left with wanting more.

This is a really dependable vehicle, very inexpensive to insure, maintain, fix, and drive. Great MPG, I live in the metrowest area of Boston and in mostly suburban driving I get right around 28mpgs. It has a TON of space in the back, especially with the seats folded down. Or you can fold the seats up and fit that TV in the back w/o laying it down. I put a roof rack on it for my bikes and put a week's worth of camping gear in the back of the car. Fit and Finish are excellent and you can tell they really thought of what people are looking for in this category of car.

More power would be very nice, in this car you have to plan passing other cars well ahead of when you are actually going to do it. The power is okay for a single person with an empty car, but as soon as you put 2 people and some luggage or a trip to Home Depot, it turns into a real pig. Its not very fun to drive (at least not with the auto). The ride is on the harsh side of firm for most surfaces its actually okay just not bad road conditions. This is a very loud car on the highway, I mean you have to raise your voice to talk at 70mph. The wind WILL push you around on the highway so you have to get used to it. Also not great in the snow at all.

Rides worse than a truck!
By dirtbikedad

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a week ago used with 19,000 miles and ready to get rid of it already. If it rode better I would be happy with it but I honestly have never driven such a rough riding car. I had a geo metro hatchback 10 years ago that was way more comfortable. I have had older civics, accords, mazda protege, acura integras, old broncos. All rode better. It is truly ridiculous how bad it rides.

Intrerior has amazing room in it and great design features.

Fix the suspension!

WOW! What a great car!
By mark_p

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my fit in Feb. 2011, in the dead of winter here in VT. I used to drive a Chevy Colorado, and thought that I might be making a huge mistake downsizing to a petite FWD scooter, such as this. Boy, was I wrong! I tried to purchase every other make of similar car, and every time I came back to the Fit. In fact, I had a cashier's check in my pocket to purchase a Volvo C-30, and I've never regretted the decision to buy the Fit. Of course, I have never had a problem with the Fit. Acceleration and handling are good. I didn't expect a Ferrari, & I am happy with the Fit's perky attitude.

I've put 14,000 miles on it since purchasing, and mileage consistently averages 34-38 mpg. Pretty good, considering the Vermont hills. Traction is excellent in Vemont snow, even with OEM tires. Interior space is voluminous, and the ability to re-configure the Magic back seats has proven to be a wonderful asset. I have even re-named my Fit my Fit-truck. I easily fit a full-sized upholstered chair and ottoman in the back, and shut the gate! I love the seat size, ease of finding and selecting heat and audio controls. Paddle shift feature, even in the "D" position is a good brake saver, and locking it into 5th in the "M" position while driving on the highway works very well.

Only wish my Fit had variable intermittent wipers and outside temperature indicator. I also wish I didn't have to remember to unlock the rest of the doors on the car when I stopped, put in park and shut off the engine. My wife's 2009 CR-V doesn't do that, and it is a real pleasure!

Fits everything, parks anywhere, best price
By karen310

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Fit after my beloved Jeep Wrangler developed Death Wobble and I sunk over $1000 into repairs that did not work. I needed something practical, for a change, but I hated giving up the incredible fun of a Jeep. Ten months later I have no regrets at all. We have a blue model that we call the TARDIS because it really is impossibly larger inside than outside. My 3 children and 6' tall husband all fit comfortably, although I haven't tried to put 3 adults in the back. Mileage with mostly big city driving is consistently 30 MPG, and on a mostly highway trip was 48 MPG.

The AMG indicator. Also love the AUX port. I can plug in my iPhone and get great sound.

A convertible.

simple, and wonderful because of it
By eldaino2

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 and traded it to buy a 2009 GTi. The Gti was reliable and a very fun car to own . But its achilles heel was ultimately its high cost to maintain, and the GTi was good at emptying my wallet. Premium was all it was ever fed, and with gas the way it is, 60 dollar tanks were regular. i picked this up for a great price (brand new, in 2011) and it has proven to be a far improved car than its predecessor. I was afraid of loosing my Gti's highspeed stability, and overall feeling of solidity, but the fit, given the difference in weight and how tall it is, makes a good case for itself. it may be slower, but its tossability makes it more fun to drive. And now my wallet is more full :)

Steering feel (spot on and just the right amount of heft, quick), cupholder placement (right next to the wheel, sheer brilliance) excellent visibility, fantastic gas mileage (averaging 32-33 mpg, which is about 2 to three more than the epa's average, and thats my own calculation, no the car's.) tossability and high fun to drive factor, roomy (and not just for a small car) excellent cargo capacity, reliabilty, cheap to fill up (gas is almost 3.90 here, and it takes less than 40 bucks to fill up and gives at least 300 miles of range) very low cost to own, sporty looks and handling to match

these are just nitpicking, as i'm not the type of person who suddenly realizes very basic things about a car after purchasing it: the seat cushion could stand to be a little longer, and i'm only 5'8. the optional armrest is also a center console and could stand to be made standard. an exterior temperature gauge and more than one trip on the trip computer height adjustable drivers seat more hwy mpg could probably be had, other cars in the class do a bit better on that front, but they have other comprimises that outweight a couple of mpg. this will probably be addressed in 2012 with the re-fresh